Sparrow Racing League

JsinOwl

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with very little of what he had to say. He's stoked for sparrow racing but thinks it's a bad idea. Sooo, he wants his cake and wants to eat it too. He wants new base game content, wants balance changes, and wants sparrow racing. He's about to get two out of three of those and manages to bitch about it the entire video.

It's not up to Bungie to 'respond' to other games out there. Just because Fallout 4 was released doesn't mean they owe us DLC. He also demonstrates complete ignorance of what's involved with coding software of this magnitude. Sparrow Racing didn't happen over night, they've been working on it a long ass time, I assure you. He's wondering when revenue from emotes is going to turn into content? How fast do you think content gets generated from scratch, not as fast as he seems to think. Bungie should put all their people on it rather than these other things? Okay, so you think having a hundred people working on DLC gets it out a hundred times faster? Nope. Having that many people working on the same source code would be a cluster fuck of chaos so different teams work on different things, and when something is ready it gets released.

Yes they're trying to sell more games and generate more revenue, they are in fact a business. That's what they do. It really hasn't been that long since TTK came out and I think Bungie are doing fine so far. Sparrow racing is a cool surprise outta nowhere and adds something completely different.

Let us us call a spade a spade. He's played Destiny for a zillion hours and low and behold, he's getting a little tired of it. Well no shit. I'm all for pointing out what Bungie is doing wrong and I did just that after Dark Below, but I have to say, I've got no complaints with what they've done since TTK.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I agree with very little of what he had to say. He's stoked for sparrow racing but thinks it's a bad idea. Sooo, he wants his cake and wants to eat it too. He wants new base game content, wants balance changes, and wants sparrow racing. He's about to get two out of three of those and manages to bitch about it the entire video.

It's not up to Bungie to 'respond' to other games out there. Just because Fallout 4 was released doesn't mean they owe us DLC. He also demonstrates complete ignorance of what's involved with coding software of this magnitude. Sparrow Racing didn't happen over night, they've been working on it a long ass time, I assure you. He's wondering when revenue from emotes is going to turn into content? How fast do you think content gets generated from scratch, not as fast as he seems to think. Bungie should put all their people on it rather than these other things? Okay, so you think having a hundred people working on DLC gets it out a hundred times faster? Nope. Having that many people working on the same source code would be a cluster fuck of chaos so different teams work on different things, and when something is ready it gets released.

Yes they're trying to sell more games and generate more revenue, they are in fact a business. That's what they do. It really hasn't been that long since TTK came out and I think Bungie are doing fine so far. Sparrow racing is a cool surprise outta nowhere and adds something completely different.

Let us us call a spade a spade. He's played Destiny for a zillion hours and low and behold, he's getting a little tired of it. Well no shit. I'm all for pointing out what Bungie is doing wrong and I did just that after Dark Below, but I have to say, I've got no complaints with what they've done since TTK.

More or less this is how I interpreted that video. I'm only of those who put a thousand hours into the game over 7 or 8 characters and I'm more surprised I don't rush to log in daily. But I still enjoy the game and know it's a process.

The Dark Below was rushed and it sucked. Since then with House of Wolves and The Taken King there has been more quality and I appreciate the change.

We have to remember we are the 1% of this game. Only 300,000 people even completed the first challenge mode and Destiny claims to have a player base in the millions. The super commuted player is going to be burned out or demand certain changes.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I don't agree the crucible is a cluster fuck, I saw a video about weapons in destiny which was spot on saying there's very few.

As for sparrow racing this has been ready for a while certainly before ttk came out I'm guessing and the refer a friend shit was embarrassing as it seems was challenge mode but I could care less about that.

You really think they don't have to react to other games?

You really think they don't have to react to other games?

They have a strategy and a timeline that dates back probably five years or more. They then allocate resources based on the long-term plan. I think it's unrealistic to expect them to operate at the mercy of what other developers are doing.

Speaking for myself, I use a wide variety of guns and think they all feel very different. The only issue I have with Crucible is that Sunbreakers need to get toned down a bit. The game is in the best shape it has ever been. After hundreds of hours played, I think some folks have simply had enough and/or have found a shiny new toy, which is perfectly understandable.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Being a year 1 player I wasn't going to grind guns for them to just make them obsolete, I've had plenty but I realised early on red death a 1000 yard stare and a lmg were all that was needed.

I also think not having elemental primaries to go for is retarded for me there's no need to run hard raid.

Just my 02

SPARROW RACING

- Sparrow racing was created from external and internal feedback.  Started as a hackathon project and one team created a racing mode (FYI, colorblind settings came from a hackathon as well).  This sparrow racing prototype has been worked on by the live team ever since.

TOWER

- Tower will be redesigned to look “like a Formula Grand Prix is going on.”

QUEST

- Initial quest awards a competitive racing sparrow .

- PS users, after receiving C-license (first license you get), kicks off a semi-specific quest line that will end with the Sony blue-neon sparrow.

SPARROW

- You can bring in whatever sparrow you want (they believe Timebreaker is the fastest in a straight line).

- Initial quest sparrow will be very competitive.

- You can destroy your sparrow via enemy fire or crashes.

- Elemental sparrows – void, solar, arc (all have unique effects when boosting and flying down the track).

GAMEPLAY

- You can bring in a full fireteam of 6.

- If you’re in the lead, enemies will tend to target you more.

BOOST GATES

- Gates have 5 tiers.  Miss 5 in a row and you go really slow.  Hitting 5 in a row will give you max speed.  Risk vs reward in determining which gates to hit or avoid.

- Boost gates enlarge as you fall back and become smaller as you catch back up.

- Initial gates gives a big boost.

BOOST FUEL

- 3 boosts (ie. Side thrusts).

- Boost Gates give a little boost fuel back.  Start/Finish gates give it all back.  Tricks refill your boost fuel as well.

REWARDS

- Main rewards – head and class items (high light items)

- Drop “at your correct light level” and “the more you rank up your reputation with Amanda the more light level you can go; all the way up to 320 with the top reputation with Amanda.”

- The rest of the pieces (chest, gloves, boots) “BEAR NO LIGHT but still have perks to help with sparrow racing.”

- Perk example: Increased boost from gates.

- These drop as you race and you can buy from Amanda.

TESS

- Sells a “Record Book” that provides extra challenges to turn in for “very targeted rewards” for vanity pieces.  Meant for collectors.  The book can be filled up retroactively, meaning, if you race for a while and decide to buy the book later, it will be filled with your past stats.

More info regarding rewards and ranking can be found in the notes under the linked video.

Sparrow Racing League (SRL) launched today, and it's pretty fun. It's very well made and i would say it's a mix between Olympic Sloan skiing and the game Wave Race.

The big downside is there are only two maps, but I assume this will be a success and more will be added in the future.

Purples drop like water and have sparrow specific abilities on them or are a wonderful source of marks.

The new sparrows are unique and vibrant, and all of the horns are annoying as piss.

Amanda Holliday has a quest chain that are different licenses and at the end you'll have a matching set of gear and an emblem.

If you spend 1,000 silver you'll get a Record book that you fill up as you play. It's basically for a special set of gear, a shader and sparrow.

There's a black shader with ice blue accents that look amazing on armor that's a normal drop...

SRL is coded as crucible so the Jolly Holliday exotic quest and any quests that need crucible wins count inside SRL.

30bad2d35b9952c5143860e89df5c5c6.jpg

It's really fun. Are there any sparrows better to use than another

I used an upgraded vanguard sparrow and won most of the time, if not at least top 3. I never placed below top 3, actually.

SRL is so fun. I went in with 5 other people I ~knew and had a blast. Managed to finish the questline and get a sick void sparrow. I know have a full purple Hunter. Purple emblem, the new purple and white shader from SRL, Void mantle, and the sparrow.

I like purple okay.. I don't have a problem.

So much fun with friends and easy way to get some bounties and quests done.

Overall success and I fully expect it to come back around with more maps.

The difference between a 150 sparrow and 160 is tiny.

After my wife gave birth, she started telling me 10 was tiny as well

/Damn kids

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."