How exactly did we kill Oryx?

Sennex

From a Reddit Lore thread. Loved it, so wanted to share with you all

For folks always wondering how we killed a hive god billions of years old that wiped out countless races when we're just a reanimated bag of bones from a Russian traffic jam, allow me to explain:

First we killed oryxs not so bright son who could only run in triangles, he really liked triangles... This hit his tithing structure real bad, his worm got real hungry and he got pissed so drove his big car over to our solar system to see what was up.

Apon arrival and after a squabble with awoken over parking fees, his crib got infested with guardians that went straight to his court, made great SGA posts on how to max people in there and slaughtered his old drinking buddies over and over again. This also hit his tithing scheme real bad and got his worm even more hungry.

We beat the hell out of his shades, his 1st form, a load more minions from the story and general took a dump on his parade, further tithing ruined, worm getting anorexic, yada yada.

We then bust in on his daughters singing practice, steal their spotlight and beat the hell out of them, at which point a really hungry hungry oryx shows up and is hella pissed.

This almighty god is immune to damage from us puny Russian car crash victims, however it appears we've caught him in the middle of some sacrificial light ceremony to appease his worm god, probably to feed it cos it's got some serious munchies by now. As such we get really really lucky that these big ass ogres drop the light they're supposed to offer up, we then get really really lucky that our own light can cleanse this crap and set off a reaction that makes a mega bomb. We are then even luckier cos we somehow (no idea how tbh) have picked up a bubble that makes us invincible thanks to super Mario jumping about in the sky.

Our puny weapons don't hurt this god as expected (did someone say sword logic or something? Seems broke, bungie please fix sword logic we can't hurt oryx) and at best tickle him to stop him clapping our asses dead. Then the mega bombs go off and do some damage to poor starved childless friendless oryx. We repeat this a few times and he dies or starves or something.

Tl:dr we can only kill oryx cos we get really lucky and catch him offering light, the only thing that can actually hurt him (his food hurts him? How, you might ask? Well if I was to hurl a whole cow at you with the force of a jet then your food would probably kill you too).

Posted by mobile, leave my formatting alone.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the boss fights are terrible but then this applies to most MMOs really. As soon as you start adding in some randomness to make it seem a bit more realistic the community (me) starts whinging and whining that it's too hard.

Bob's comment made me laugh  :lol:

banlol.png

Here's an uncontrived boss mechanic I offer to Bungie free of charge. Big boss, cluster fuck of adds, boss must be staggered with six simultaneous sniper bullets to the face.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Saber shank is the only boss that makes sense to me.

It summons reinforcements.

you have to blow off pieces of its hull to finally do damage to the inner workings.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."