Fallout 4 ps4 or pc?

I've been debating this for a while. Do I get it for ps4 or pc? Pc will most likely get mods by early 2016 as well as xbone. Ps4 should get it later in 2016. But I figure get it for ps4 because all the good mods don't really drop until a few months after the game is released anyway.

What is everyone else doing?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably PC.

Should can pick up a CD key for cheap and if it's like skyrim its much better on the PC (in my opinion anyways). I realize skyrim was PS3 but PCs have also evolved.

Since it doesn't have a multiplayer there is not reason for console if you have a decent gaming pc

I'm getting my copy on PC as I can run it on ultra, it's about £30 cheaper than the PS4 version and the 3rd party modding community will be utterly insane from the get-go. It'll be a great experience on all the systems especially as the consoles will have partial modding but if you have a rig that can run it; PC all the way. 

All rpg games for me are on the PC after playing Skyrim. I played that on PS3 and the load times were horrendous. But I was also playing on a 65" LED which is why I went the console route. I have 2x24" monitors on the PC. I think I need to add a larger one in the center with the 2 smaller on the outsides. Any suggestions on monitors vs tvs? I'm no AV guru, but I know the monitors get really expensive and i dont think you can find any over 32"

I'm absolutely picking this up on release.  

I'm still going back and forth if I want it on PC or PS4.  It's obviously going to be better on PC, but do I want to spend a few hours at a time sitting in a PC chair playing, or would I rather be on my couch playing.  I feel like I might end up choosing PS4 over PC just for the comfort factor.  This is one of those games that you can spend 2 or 3 hours playing and not realize any time has passed by at all.  My PC chair isn't anything special, so I don't think I'd enjoy playing for long sessions.  But, I know that the game will be better on PC.... decisions, decisions.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Ok, so I transferred to the tv and accessed the steam hub. I checked Fallout 4 on there and it tells me:

Best played with keyboard and mouse.

Whole point of going to the couch was to sit back and use the xbox controller. lol

I'll think of something, I have 6 hours or so....

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So, I'm going to get this game soon, and I was planning on getting it on PC, but I looked at the minimum requirements.  It says that a AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB is the minimum graphics card.  That's the card I have.  Is it still worth getting on PC if I'm running it on minimum specs?  Actually I think I've got the 7850.  So, it might be under the minimum specs (I suck at know what card is what).  

Any advice?  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

So, I'm going to get this game soon, and I was planning on getting it on PC, but I looked at the minimum requirements.  It says that a AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB is the minimum graphics card.  That's the card I have.  Is it still worth getting on PC if I'm running it on minimum specs?  Actually I think I've got the 7850.  So, it might be under the minimum specs (I suck at know what card is what).  

Any advice?  

Try this link from you PC and it will tell you where you stand. You have the 7850 just like I do. 

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/fallout-4/12905/?p=r

Apparently that will not do. 

If it's anything like Skyrim, the game is much better on PC than console. Consoles have gotten better, but so has PC gaming hardware