SXSW GamerGate debacle

JsinOwl

Read this thanks to Google Now stalking me. Thought it was interesting. I'm on my phone, so no text.

I'm ignorant of what the original GamerGate 'thing' was, so I need to educate myself on the context of this piece.

http://www.wired.com/2015/10/sxsw-diversity-gamergate/

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been active in it since the beginning.

It's only Toxic in how most he media portrays it, and how SJW's portray it. 

I can answer pretty much any question you might have about it.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

And wikipedia :)

The whole Gamergate thing has taught me a ton about Wikipedia as well.

The editor that destroyed the GG page got banned from Wikipedia. It took about 6 months for it to happen, now, about 2 months after he was banned, his friends are still actively lying or citing blogs and editorials as fact when that is clearly against Wikipedia's standards. 

If you read the moderator logs of that page it is INSANE how much arguing is happening, and how little policing the moderators actually care about doing.

Ryulong is the one that was banned, so look for his comments, the dude is delusional.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

For Jsin:

Gamergate is a Consumer Revolt.

Short and simple. 

Portions of it have evolved into other areas, but that is the core.

Another source, that I spend far to much time on:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/

For me:

I don't care about the drama. All I want is accurate journalism about games and game development. 

I do not want game publishers to pay websites or magazines for favorable reviews for shitty games. 

I want "journalists" to be held accountable for lying and collusion when they write articles favoring friends, or game companies that bribe them.

If journalists are being bribed, or are friends with a developer, then disclosure is needed.

If you want to get into the SJW aspect of things, and the 1st wave Feminists VS 3rd wave feminists, then I need more time.

I'll do that, I did get that one-sided kind of vibe from the wiki page

Ryulong attacked Jimmy Wales, the guy that founded Wikipedia in the moderator logs. It was hysterical to see the guys absolute and total meltdown.