Website known issues - Work In Progress to Fix ×

Slow down and pay attention

Sennex

Every day this week I have seen some really bad accidents on my way to work.

This morning one happened in front of me. 

It happened at a T intersection, heading east, into the morning sun. There is a large hill just west, and the intersection is at the bottom of the hill. There are pretty massive oaks all over the road until you hit the intersection.

It is a horrible place that eats cars like some giant mythic beast. Just driving through it, a feeling will come over you where you reflect on life and count the seconds until you are free of it all.

Redneck Joe decided to just pull out onto the County Road and head east with the rest of us. He didn't pay attention to the old man in the faded blue pickup, or the young black kid in the Corolla, or the pile of cars behind them, that were all following way to close because the old man was driving slow.

Old Blue pickup slammed into Redneck Joe, and then the Corolla rear ended the pickup, and then a Sewer truck hit the Corolla.

By that time, all the tailgaters were able to stop or swerve.

When I got out of my car, I saw that the back end of the rednecks truck had jumped up and was in the windshield of Old Blue. The old guy wasn't talking, or moving.

I am pretty sure the black kid will have some sort of permanent injury. We couldn't get him to talk, but he was crying and trying to move, so we stopped him as best we could.

Luckily for everyone, there is a fire station about a mile up the road in Marlow. They got their pretty quick, while the rest of us put out flares and were trying to keep traffic moving.

So I say all that to say this.

Most of us here are old hands at driving, to the point that I don't doubt most of us get tunnel vision and fire up the old auto-pilot on the way to and from work. I know I do.

Knock that shit off. Pay attention and slow down, etc......

You young guys just now getting your license and shit. Its more impressive if you can reach the age of 25 without ever getting into an accident or having a speeding ticket, than it is to get some place in record time while you try to impress your jackass friends (I say jackass, as we all have jackass friends)

Just flipping be safe out there

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post. 10/10. Same goes for cell phones. Leave that shit alone when you're driving. A vehicle is a big, heavy fucking weapon. Be careful.

Glad you were able to help the best you could, Bart.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Peoples driving is the one thing that is my BIGGEST peeve in the world these days. Anymore you can't stop at a single intersection without seeing some (usually multiple) idiots turning left on RED simply because they are too damn self absorbed and think they should not have to wait for the green signal. Then you mix in speeding and all the assholes that are on their phones while driving and it honest makes it were I hate to even get out of the house anymore these days because people drive like total fools.