Nolan North is officially the voice of our ghost, No ascension for year one legendaries and the new level cap is 40!

The3rdWalker

You can't compare Destiny to wow. Loot wise, wow just had a ton more. Content, wow had a ton more.

I played ffxiv and ffxi, yes your gear was obsolete every few levels. Yes, the new expansion did render old loot useless. But getting new gear mean that when you went back to play old content you can notice a difference. A notorious monster that used to take a full party 20 mins to beat meant you can beat him in 10 minutes now.

Whereas Destiny, it's not like that at all. It used to take you 15 mins to finish level 28 archon priest. When you're level 40, you're still going to take 15. There is no power progression. The only thing it's useful for is beating new bosses.

To me it looks like more bullet sponge bosses. But now you won't have weapons like ice breaker or black hammer to fly through the content.

Although I must admit, the weapon and experience system does seem like a step in the right direction.

I disagree with we can't compare the two.

Especially with Blizzard/ Activision helping Bungie work on this.

I dont' think it is a bad thing either. WoW from Vanilla -> Lich King was the best MMO. (Although, i still love DAoC more than WoW, but for different reasons)

Bungie is clearly working towards a more Traditional RPG style progression. Which they should do. Light level was a great idea on paper; it was horrible in its implementation.  Weapon upgrades and Armor upgrades is something that most MMO's should have implemented a long assed time ago, or so I thought, now I see why they never did it in most cases.

I like the changes, I have no idea if they will implement them how we want them to though.

All that being said, I think that Destiny needs to work towards Armor and Weapon Set bonuses, as well as allowing us to sink XP into weapons to upgrade them and get away from Shards and energies.

(When I say sink XP, I mean literally you lose XP so your gear can gain it)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic