Teamspeak

Chookes

Can anyone explain the benefits of Teamspeak over Skype? I like using Skype. Easy to use, clear and free. What does Teamspeak give me that would make me use that over it?

Diddums is having a hissy fit any time says Skype so I might stick to Skype for this very reason.

Teamspeak has doors that are always open. There's no adding people to calls, no worrying if people are online, no having to call people, no adding people to your list, nothing.

Download TS, get the IP adress, type it in and voila. Jump in. Think of it as a chatroom with voice.

It's also much better for larger parties, and is easier to record.

banlol.png

Oooo google hangouts is a good one!

I like the idea of teamspeak, if it just means that we can dive into a party/lobby/group (don't know what they call em) 

I was on skype last night with josh and matt and it all worked perfectly fine, i've saved them as a group so i can ring groups instead of individual people. If they're not on then it doesnt ring but will call everyone else. 

I've only used google when speaking to my missus and that worked fine but it was only with one person, so i don't really have any pros or cons.

Dave's right, the biggest advantage is no invites, it's just a voice chat room.  Just jump in and you're there.  Don't need to worry about invites, adding people to friend's lists, etc.  

Jsin, I've never used Google Hangouts, I've never even heard of it.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Teamspeak's much better than skype, just for the sake of being able to duck in and out without having to invite people. I strongly suggest people getting it!

Does anyone know a decent program for recording voice through teamspeak or can the software already record? I could look it up but figured i'd ask here first.