LEGO!!!!

Diddums

What started out as a quick purchase of a minifigure at WH Smiths quickly turned into a bit of an obsession, and after mentioning it last night, some folks said it'd be nice to have a Lego thread so here we are!

I've got a fair few sets now, and one thing I love is that Kyla and I do it together. Here's our collection so far:

Already built:

Camper Van (10220, 1334 pieces), Go Kart (31030, 106 pieces), Lots of Minifigures, some of which are in a Lego display case:

SAM_0660_zpshyuo85cy.jpg

Mini Cooper (10242, 1077 pieces), A couple of the Shell sets:

SAM_0662_zpsyzzwd9es.jpg

Sets in progress:

Kyla's (Cinema, set 10232, 2194 pieces):

SAM_0665_zpsw1snazqu.jpg

Mine (Crane Mk. II, set 42009, 2606 pieces):

SAM_0664_zpsl0x8uhpz.jpg

Sets we still need to build:

Ghostbusters Ecto 1 (set 21108, 508 pieces):

SAM_0667_zps5ralcoco.jpg

Detective's Office (set 10246, 2262 pieces), Eiffel Tower (set 21019, 321 pieces) and a few more minifigures. Kyla loved that cup so we got her that too:

SAM_0668_zpspjc4rsgh.jpg

Tower Bridge (set 10214, 4295 pieces):

SAM_0669_zpsrljpth6v.jpg

And Benny's Spaceship, spaceship, SPACESHIP!!! (set 70816, 940 pieces):

SAM_0674_zps46rqnuwc.jpg

I built this one a few years ago then took it apart and shelved it. I need to rebuild it again. T-Rex:

SAM_0670_zpsmpy1uhgg.jpg

And a random thingy I picked up at Legoland:

SAM_0671_zpsweh6phrm.jpg

Go on, if you're a fan, show us what you've got!

banlol.png

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!

You don't follow the instructions with Lego!

Nah, usually not. I've got a kit bag in Holland full of the stuff, loads of sets which are all just flung in a bag. I'll pick it up when I'm next over there in June, but I'm keeping these sets as is. I've got all the boxes in mint condition, even the receipts. If you see how much vintage sets go for, you'll understand. Just the other day I saw a vintage Star Wars set fetch £6k.

EDIT: Here, £4k for the Millennium Falcon.

Ecto 1 LEGO set!!!!!  :o

They did a DeLorean for a while too, although it's a discontinued set. It went for £45 or so and the cheapest I can find one online now is £60, so a 33% jump in value over a couple of years. I'm tempted to bite the bullet and buy it as it's a very cool set and I absolutely loved BTTF but I can also get a much bigger set for that money. One thing I love about these sets as well is that they don't come with regular instructions like most sets, but a thick-ish paperback book with loads of trivia and information regarding the vehicles and the films they were in, including the actors and whatnot. The Eiffel Tower above has this too, it feels much more premium to the regular sets.

51xG1NnNV7L._SY300_.jpg

An argument that I always see arise is "lego is meant for playing" which is true, but as an adult I also like to be able to enjoy them and either give them to my kids later on as toys or investments, and it's much nicer to do so when they're complete sets all boxed up. 

banlol.png

Yeah, thanks for the link Doc!

O shit! I had an old LEGO building program and after a quick search it looks like there's an updated one!

LEGO Digital Designer: http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/

It's free... Just installed it!

11046525_10153111197718890_3436036344901

:wub: LEGO but never completed a huge set. I'm with you Cap they are a lot of $. I like the Ferrari F430 set up there. Ferrari sets are hard to find and/or, again, nuts money!

10413211_682533771817767_377724612_n.jpg

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/4LoQG

My sons collection

Mostly the ones that are all built (we have a shit tone that are not built)

The red bins are my old sets from the 80's coupled with the first series of Star Wars Legos. the Green bin is his stash of minifigures, I need to buy him a new one as it is overflowing. The colored cubes in the book cases are filled with the last 8 or so years of Bionicles that Lego released and large land tiles for the bigger sets. Note he has a ton of the Halo Mega Bloks. Those things get a bad rep, and I am not sure why, we have most of the Halo ones up until about 2 years ago when the Marvel and DC lego sets really started coming out more frequently. They held up really well and are beasts to play with to be honest.

Its pretty funny, but other than Comic books and his latest foray into the Collectible action figures, all my son ever wanted was Lego, so thats what we bought him, I can't even begin to count all the pieces we have. He makes super hero movies all the time, and he tries to make stop motion movies with his ipod and an old Galaxy phone I gave him to play with for the camera. I want to build him a proper table where he can make city scenes, but he is content to put them on his desk and go nuts.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I use to love legos back when I was a kid. I think I actually still have the big huge box of them packed away some where from when I was a kid. I really should try to dig them out one of these days, probably could get some decent cash out of them I bet.

Damn. Keep forgetting to post in here. Me and my lad love Lego. We're more freestyle builders though. We make the thing once, then he takes it apart and then makes what he wants!! I'll put some pics up later when i get round to uploading them.

Really enjoying all the grown man love for the lego movie here though!! :)

For whatever reason this evening I decided that I wanted a Lego bane keyring... Turns out there isn't an official 1, at least not that I can see...

Then I was just looking at the minifigures and thought I could maybe make my own if I find the figure... The figure of the bane I want was from a set from 2007, turns out he's pretty rare...

Believe it of not, this is the cheapest 1 I saw!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Batman-Minifigure-Bane-2007-version-7787-Mint-Very-Rare-/321693909925

I saw some title Lego figure display cases too, if I ever do get this I don't think I'll be drilling into it's head to fit an eyebolt, then I figured I could collect some others too, oh god what have I started here?

blackops2sig.jpg