Neil Blomkamps Aliens sequel

Sennex

So the new Alien movie director said he is making a sequel to Aliens. Also that he is ignoring the existence of Aliens 3, and Alien Resurrection.

I have to say, thats a really solid start IMO.

Granted I enjoyed both of those movies, but Alien Resurrection never felt right. It was clearly a money grab. Aliens 3 I enjoyed immensely. I just don't think it fit in well enough with the firrst two. That being said though, Alien and Aliens were radically different from each other, so I think there is a solid place for Aliens 3 in the Universe.

IDK

Thoughts?

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have high hope for this seeing who the director is, I thought District 9 was great as well as Elysium. Like you I have really enjoyed the Alien series excluding Resurrection plus the ultimate money grab Alien vs Predator. That was just awful.

The franchise has already apologized for AVP now it’s doing the same for 3 and 4 by allowing an Aliens spin off? This demolishes 3 and that’s really sad. How many more times can they admit they are terrible at their job before they fix it?

I like the idea of continuing the franchise if it’s done right. It’s hard for me to explain what I mean by right though. On one hand, IMO, Hollywood is stuck in a take what has been proven to be most successful in the past and recreate it era instead of trying to create groundbreaking approaches. I think Alien should strive to be groundbreaking. On the other hand all the movies have had the same human vs human while humans vs alien(s) dynamic. So is this going to be more of the same or so different it’s unbearable? The director saying “It’s a Freudian nightmare. That element to me is what is so appealing. To try to put the audience on the edge of their seat, in a traditional ‘monster stalking you in a dark corridor’ way.” after dismissing 3-4 isn’t promising. You might want to forget but we remember 4 movies of that exact thing. Should you add a spin or try something slightly different maybe?

The biology/physiology of the Aliens is way more interesting to me than watching humans unravel under the stress of being hunted by them. The Dog Alien in 3 changed my life and the direction the franchise could take. It has only since been exploited once to make the Predator Alien. Lots of exciting untapped potential there. The similarities it makes me think of between JC’s The Thing and the parasitic Alien Xenomorph make my mind race. So this before 3 attempt will only have human aliens? Again! The movie needs to be real deal nerd science fiction and not some lowest common denominator corny one liner cheap tricks to get jumps date movie with science fiction elements. I don’t even want to think about it anymore.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Did you hear him talk about Elysium?

He wants to redo it, he feels he fucked it up

Didn't know that, I thought it was good, but he gets paid for doing that sort of thing so if he's that self critical I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing.

For me, Alien told the whole story. Aliens was a really solid action movie with some classic Bill Paxton, but it could have just as easily taken place on some other world with some other alien enemy. It did bring some closure though to the original movie since those pods were still out there. Three to me felt like a forced and out of place money grab, haven't seen the others.

Take your creative energy and come up with something new because the movie that best told the Alien story is Alien, and no other film will ever do a better job.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

hhmm, I need to see that!

I didn't mind the dog alien, the xenomorphs always took on the characteristics of the species that hosted their eggs, so I thought it was a really good plotpoint to drive that point home.

IDK, I really didn't mind 3 at all to be honest.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

hhmm, I need to see that!

I didn't mind the dog alien, the xenomorphs always took on the characteristics of the species that hosted their eggs, so I thought it was a really good plotpoint to drive that point home.

IDK, I really didn't mind 3 at all to be honest.

I personally love 3 and am trying to understand the gripes in this thread. Each movie builds on the story and introduces us to new information about the aliens. Alien introduced us to the face hugger and synthetic humans/ Aliens that they terraform, the Colonial Marines, their weapons and the Alien Queen/ 3 that they are capable of impregnating other organisms/ Resurrection they can swim, they will sacrifice one another to escape, they have a type of telepathy etc… It’s a simple enough approach to keep we wanting to know more and wanting more movies. The money grab opinion isn’t one I’ve ever considered.

Again 3 having a nonhuman alien is so exciting to me. I thought on what I posted earlier in this thread about the lack of different aliens and if it was silly to suggest considering they are in space or on hostile planets all of the time. Where would the animals come from?, do they clone them? and on… but the movies have shown us cats, dogs, hamsters, and I think from 3-SED cows. It’s unfortunate in 3 that we don’t learn if the Aliens are picky in terms of who they choose as a host. Would they choose a person with a genetic deformity? Would it have an effect on the alien? I want to know!

If I have 500 what if questions after a movie normally I really like it :lol:

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg