I've missed being here!

uberwarrior

Work life has completely ruined my chances of spending the amount of time I used to spend on here. However, since I'm in the US at the moment for a second stint since the New Year and have actually got some time to kill, so thought I'd drop in and say hello! What I'm starting to really hate is this chuffing cold weather in Michigan, it's been brutal at times, no good for my ageing bones :(

Looking around it's good see the usual suspects knocking about still, plus a few new faces. Hope everyone is still having fun, looks like the family has been getting on just fine without one of the elder statesmen around, shit I turned 50 the other week!

Got to say I've missed being around, this place used to be my second home while at work. The biggest issue these days is that my workload means I'm mad busy most of the time. I have a mad sales manager who has been bringing in work as if it was going out fashion, plus he's needy like all salesmen, which just eats any spare time I have. Not a bad position to be in but it's killed my chances of getting on here in recent months.

Anyway, just wanted say congrats to Stretch on your recent addition, Diddums you look awesome in your Christmas jumper man, Mike you're just too good looking to be here. Assuming I can start to get some time out I'll be doing my best to check in more regularly and hopefully start contributing a bit more again.

Have fun chaps and chapesses :) 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the replies guys, good to know my second family are still in fine fettle.

@Doc, I'm in Hastings, Mi about 45 minutes South East of Grand Rapids, and I'm so not enjoying the constant cold and frequent snow. I'm here until mid-March.

As for the meet up that would be great, depends on numerous things and need to check, but certainly a possibility. 

Thanks for all the replies guys, good to know my second family are still in fine fettle.

@Doc, I'm in Hastings, Mi about 45 minutes South East of Grand Rapids, and I'm so not enjoying the constant cold and frequent snow. I'm here until mid-March.

As for the meet up that would be great, depends on numerous things and need to check, but certainly a possibility. 

We're about 4 hours apart, then.  I'd certainly be willing to drive halfway to meet you in person.  

That would be awesome, see Drifter and Doc 2 of the forums stalwarts.  :D

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes Rich, I got got bought tickets for this years F1 GP at Silverstone this summer, up there as one of the best gifts I've ever been given. Copse Corner here I come!! :P

You're within a stone's throw of Drifter. Go see the fish!

I bet Steve hasn't caught one like this though.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/enormous-20-stone-catfish-caught-with-fishing-rod-in-italy-after-40-minute-boat-battle/ar-BBhXzGE

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes Joe, I got got bought tickets for this years F1 GP at Silverstone this summer, up there as one of the best gifts I've ever been given. Copse Corner here I come!! :P

Fixed it! :lol: and AWESOME! I'm very happy for you; wishing you excellent weather all weekend. I do hate the new track configuration but sitting at the old turn 1 will be incredible. Guaranteed to see at least Crashtor have an off there at speed :D

Please do:

· Take pics (it will be hard to follow them going over 280 kph/174 mph at Copse but for every 50 pics you take one will come out ok) :lol:

· Try and get on BBC and/or SkyF1! They always visit the campers. If you're there for the full Thursday-Sunday experience you're bound to run into them.

· Hop the barrier and walk the track after the race before you leave! The podium is at Club (18). Might be worth the walk.

For Fri-Sat Practice and Qualifying are you allowed to roam around and sit wherever you want at Silverstone? The race I went to you could every day but Sunday so we got to sit in pretty much every grand stand and experience most of the track from general admission spots to big money seats. It might be different there?

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Fixed it! :lol: and AWESOME! I'm very happy for you; wishing you excellent weather all weekend. I do hate the new track configuration but sitting at the old turn 1 will be incredible. Guaranteed to see at least Crashtor have an off there at speed :D

Please do:

· Take pics (it will be hard to follow them going over 280 kph/174 mph at Copse but for every 50 pics you take one will come out ok) :lol:

· Try and get on BBC and/or SkyF1! They always visit the campers. If you're there for the full Thursday-Sunday experience you're bound to run into them.

· Hop the barrier and walk the track after the race before you leave! The podium is at Club (18). Might be worth the walk.

For Fri-Sat Practice and Qualifying are you allowed to roam around and sit wherever you want at Silverstone? The race I went to you could every day but Sunday so we got to sit in pretty much every grand stand and experience most of the track from general admission spots to big money seats. It might be different there?

Sorry for the name faux pas Joe, thanks for all the advice above. I only have a ticket for race day unfortunately or fortunately dependent on how you look at it.  Should be a great atmosphere though seeing as Lewis is world champion and it being his home grand prix, really looking forwards to the whole experience :)

Sorry for the name faux pas Joe, thanks for all the advice above. I only have a ticket for race day unfortunately or fortunately dependent on how you look at it.  Should be a great atmosphere though seeing as Lewis is world champion and it being his home grand prix, really looking forwards to the whole experience :)

Aint a thing. Welcome and Fortunate. Getting up and to the track with little sleep for 3 days in a row feels like more of a job than a vacation. :lol: You'll have a blast!

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Howdy Mark, good to see you back on here mate! Happy Birthday and I hope you buy me a beer at the F1!

A man can dream right?

What, that you're going to Silverstone or that I'll buy you a beer?  ;) Thanks Dids good to be back!