Pretty good article about hitting the wall in this game...

Ryan Pedro

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was depressingly accurate.  I have the weapons I want.  To do what? Raid.  So why am I collecting other weapons that aren't any good?

I do weeklies and nightfalls to get weapons I don't want.  I do bounties to upgrade the weapon I didn't really want.  I raid using the weapons I have had for ages.  I still run Voc/IB/corrective measure or Voc/*random sniper/jellyhorn. 

The most fun I had was playing the nightfall with stretch and gazza.  we orbited about 4 times, but it was great.  Hiding in  a corner because the level is *too* hard is shit. 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Basically it says that hardcore players are bored with doing the same stuff over and over again.same bounties and etc. I read it this morning but I believe that was the jist of it.

Wait a minute..... thats news?

I mean sure, they are right, but there are like a billion threads on reddit about that as well as the Bungie forums 

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

A couple of weeks ago, my regular Destinycrew stopped playing. It wasn't some big announced event, or something we had planned. Our loss of momentum started with a confluence of other, smaller occurrences. We took a few days off, then a few more. Then we weren't playing at all.

Goes in depth explanation.

Once or twice, I'd be talking to my colleague and Destiny bro Jason Schreier about playing, and we'd both hem and haw and slowly realize that, to be honest, we'd rather do something else. It just wasn't worth our time.

We could both imagine what would happen if we did play: We'd spend an hour or so running through a difficult battle, a battle we'd played through a dozen times before. At the end, we'd be bitterly rewarded with booby prizes and useless junk. Rather than go through all that, we decided to stick a pin in it and go do other things.

And just like that, Destiny lost its hold over us.

No new news. I play Destiny for several reasons. It's relaxing. Even in PvP I don't have the rage moments I do in CoD. It can be very challenging. Like Crispy said,try doing a nightfall without cheesing it. The VoG is some of the most fun I've had in gaming. Especially when we were learning to do it. The biggest reason I still play is you all. I enjoy the bullshit and banter. The same reason we all played CoD for as long as we did. Beating our heads against a wall day in and day out. Trying to get gold guns or max prestige.

I agree Destiny could of been a lot more. That said I've more than gotten my moneys worth out if it and plan to keep playing it. I'll buy the dlc. I'll buy the expansion and Destiny 2. It's six months into its life cycle and there's still more shit I want. More guns. More characters to level up....... Again.

We could both imagine what would happen if we did play: We'd spend an hour or so running through a difficult battle, a battle we'd played through a dozen times before. At the end, we'd be bitterly rewarded with booby prizes and useless junk. Rather than go through all that, we decided to stick a pin in it and go do other things.

This is the part that interested me the most. I nearly said worried , but then i realised people play games for different reasons.

I can see why "hardcore" gamers are bored and fed up. To an extent they've completed the game in their eyes and there's nothing exciting to go back for. Nothing new to earn, see or do. I get that. To them gaming is reaching that holy grail of end game doing it. If that is what floats people's boats, then you know what, don't complain. Just move on to the next thing, there will never be a single game that can quench that thirst. So don't try to fight it.

The reason i see it differently is i play games for the journey. I enjoy the mechanics of a game. I might get to the max prestige/highest light lvl/complete the story mode etc etc.... but if the journey is good then i don't care. Destiny has grabbed me from day one. It's fun to play, no matter what lvl i am or what character i have or whether it's PvP or PvE. Plus i can chew the fat with you guys whilst doing it. I lost count of the times i played through GTA San Andreas. The story or game never changed from day one, but it didn't matter. The journey was what was important

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. People will feel how they want to about games and that's cool. Whether you're all about the holy grail and the end or you just enjoy fucking about, people need to remember gaming is something to enjoy. If you don't enjoy a game, stop playing, play something else. If you enjoy a game, play the crap out of it. Do what you want, so long as you enjoy yourself, who really gives a shit?!!

TLDR: I had a cracking shit whilst writing this so just take the time to read it!! ;)

Basically what Stretch said.

Also, there are many different gaming skill sets in our group and we all have different targets. Some of you guys have done virtually everything, so I can see where "the wall" is for you. For me, I don't worry about bounties so much now, ignore spinmetal, and I focus on weeklies, etc.

With help from all of you, I've got more confident on VoG but want to do more of it so it becomes second nature. I also want to run Crota from the beginning not just hopping in on coat tails (although that is appreciated ;) )

Like Chris, I enjoy the lack of CoD stress, the banter and I'll get the DLC and Destiny 2 as well

I seriously think, in my short gaming career, that this is one of the best games, if not the best game, I've played

I had a cracking shit whilst writing this so just take the time to read it!! ;)

Make the most of it mate, you'll be dealing with plenty of someone else's cracking shits soon! :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Cracking shirt means you were on the toilet while writing this, right?

No a cracking shirt is something you might wear on a date, cracking shit would be hopefully deposited in a toilet :)

As for destiny I'm feeling what's been said but it's come way later than I thought, I'll be in crucible when solo because PvE is just better while having a natter.

I am currently sitting on over 200 strange coins so know xurs a bust but I know others who have materials up the wazzoo but like Ryan says he doesn't need shit but likes doing it.

Raids VoG as always most fun and I have a personal challenge with that fucker... Crotas end I'm really not bothered till ammo glitch is sorted and bugs fixed its not fun so I really don't care. I will still run it if needed but I don't get too fussed about it like VoG

Hardline is out soon and I will get that and the summer is hopefully coming so that will cut down my playtime.

Destiny like other games has got me through the cold winter months