Psychology.... BF3 Style

Sennex

If I may translate to Bad Company 2:

Assault - I like to hurt people

Medic - I like to help people

Engineer - Fuck people, I like to fix things and break things

Recon - Objective? What objective? 

Some things are universal truths

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

What is it about the recon class that does this to folks?

Granted I have seen (and been killed by) some Recon that sit back with a 12x scope and just lay waste to objectives, but typically its one jerk ball just hammering everything he see's or running around with a shotgun being a derp.

also, let me just say that the Pecheng on OP metro is hella fun.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

The biggest problem I have with Recon, is the number of them. One or two, are beneficial on the right maps, assuming they're watching the objective. But when you have 5 snipers, 2 people in planes, and some asshole more interested in the enemy spawn, you end up with only a third of the team playing the game.  :angry:

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I have played Recon a decent amount in bf3,and it's not hard to ptfo with the class. Not sure why people feel the need to be as far as fucking possible from objectives.

Put a motion sensor by a mcom, put a spawn beacon very close to objective. Post up close to mcom. Shoot people.

Or

Play with a buddy, soflam the shit out of stuff and help them blow it up.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Play with a buddy, soflam the shit out of stuff and help them blow it up.

The only time you will catch me as Recon is when I am doing this

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Recon if played correctly can be a game changer, but like you say. Too many stay as far away from the objective as they can, just so that they can that 1337 500m headshot!!

Take Op Metro CQ for example, if you're getting base raped everyone goes into dickhead mode, loads up Recon and stays it their deployment giving you no chance of capping anything!

Snipers and pilots, the biggest bunch of dicks in this game. I often play recon, but I'm all over flags like it's going out of fashion. Most snipers will sit a bazillion miles away from a flag and pot shot in the hope they kill something.

Pilots just get in jets and fly around. That's it. They fight each other and contribute fuckall to the team. A decent chopper crew can do some serious damage but the jets serve no purpose whatsoever.

One thing that pisses me off about this game is how hard it is to take down aircraft. We should have a lock-on launcher that doesn't need laser designating, or at least a heat seaker or something. Too often you get some dick who's level 100 just flying around in a jet all game shooting everything they find, and you'll never, ever encounter them on foot. If we had some way to shoot them down, it'd be brilliant. It doesn't have to be easy, even if it takes 10 rockets, but as it is now it's fucking impossible to kill them and they are a pain in the arse.

banlol.png

I've often felt that on Conquest maps, if a player gets in the AA turret at spawn, they should be able to target and lock on to all aircraft in the sam manner as the Soflam.

Also, why not give Engi's the ability to lock on with a javelin, what is already locked on with a stinger?

Trying to get a squad to Ripple fire their igla's or stingers is just a waste of time

yeah jets gets fucking annoying, especially when you take them out 3/4 times with the chopper and co pilot, and then they spend the rest of the game suiciding into your spawn or your chopper

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

I love how conquest servers always have disclaimers of "No Spawn Camping/ Jet Ramming", then you zone in, stand at the spawn for a sec and BAM jet ram, or some recon chopper derpina just mows you down.

Turn off damage at spawn IMO,  make it a dome, so that if people fly above it, it turns it off.

What's with snipers and cranes? I just got a 7 streak shooting the same sniper over and over, yet he didn't seem to click. It's like there's this hope that one day, maybe, the whole world will forget that the crane exists and he'll have this top secret spot to rain hell from. 

banlol.png

the best part about cranes is when I run up one as an Engi and use it as my AA Platform

No one ever looks for me there.

Every match on Noshar Canals you get the little Recon pests on that crane.Best solution run Engineer, whip out your RPG or SMAW and shoot the shit out their nest. Blows them and their spawn beacons into next week. Wait a few minutes for them to restablish themselves rinse and repeat.