New Crota Strategy (Hard Mode)

Sennex

Saw this on Reddit:

(I beat you to it Tommy!!!)

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2tb7c3/this_crota_strategy_doesnt_require_3_downs_in_one/

Good luck with clearing Crota and I hope this ends up being helpful!

This is really the safest method I've seen so far because nothing can damage the rest of the fire team on the left other than thralls that can't go all the way up the stairs. No one is in the pit other than the sword holder for a very short amount of time so you don't risk cursed thralls or boomers or wizards hitting you while you run around trying to kill the sword bearer. The sword holder is in no danger other than the seconds that it takes to run from the stairs onto the safe rock. There's nothing really "cheesy" about this, you're not standing in an invincible place, you're not disconnecting, you're not playing this in a way that Bungie did not intend. the idea is that two defender titans will lock down both boomers in the left hand tower while the team generates orbs for them.

you approach from the left hand side so you put crota between you and the right hand side boomers and our sword holder confirmed that he was never hit by boomers.

this doesn't require perfect timing or anything crazy like that because we could have probably gone another sword cycle before Crota even started to enrage on timer.

-You will start the fight as normal, kill the acolytes but be careful (something I should have included is that if we had a third titan we would actually have placed a bubble in the beginning to give everyone BoL but our strategy really rides on both of our titans being ready to super upon starting the fight.

-damage the ultra knights so that they are close to dying and let someone (we used nova bomb or golden gun) to take out the hallowed knights, generating 4 orbs per kill, a total of 16 orbs.

-titans will run out and put bubbles over both boomers in the tower and run back inside to grab the orbs. this means you never kill the boomers while engaging crota and the wizard never spawns

-your swordholder (bladedancer) will lure the sword bearer towards the rest of your fireteam who are waiting on the left side and DPS it down.

-shoot your heavies, down crota and repeat. a total of 14 swipes (in our experience) will put you right where you need to be so that you can kill him on the third sword, but you wont enrage him yet

-after the second sword run through the summoning crystal room and to the right side where you kill the boomers, heal up and assign someone to watch the thralls that come from behind.

-focus down the right ogre, shift back to the left, focus boomers, then focus the left ogre down.

-WAIT FOR CROTA TO HEAD BACK MIDDLE, DPS sword bearer, down crota.

-crota will enrage, doesn't matter

-everyone heavy crota until he goes down again so that you can finish him off on the second damage cycle of the third sword.

-cry tears of joy

TLW: The video is only 8 minutes long. It's a lot better than my explanation.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how to imbed from my phone. If you go to bungie forums - - trending - - the first one. No wizards spawn and you don't kill boomers. Can someone imbed it? You just stay outside the middle platform.

This one?

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Need a Voidwalker Warlock, here is the text and video links

Crota's End Hard Mode:

Lamps SOLO:

[1]

Bridge SOLO:

[2]

Three Shriekers SOLO:

[3]

Ir Yut SOLO with Voidwalker, using Sunsinger is too easy = P:

[4]

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I can do the abyss with warlock. It takes a few tries. The trick is to jump from the tip but you have to look up as you jump. I don't know if it's just looking over the ledge or totally up. I just run, when I'm about to hit the tip I look up and double tap x. Most of the time I end up just seeing the ledge scratch my skin and then assume the doggy style position. Every now and then I'll make it up and wonder why I didn't buy heavy ammo. But once, I had everything and it was glorious! Ogre still killed me but that's what sunsinger is for. I killed it after five or six ghallajhorn rockets.

Just avoid the knight at all costs. He seems a little more angry. Fusion grenades work best. He starts to charge you throw, he ducks you little girl run for your life.

I used sunsinger, fully agility, that means no two grenades. I used the setting just above the two grenades, the one where you can hang in the air if you aim, it seems to give extra agility. Fo weapons I had mida multitool, plug one and both had + agility, just in case it did something.

When I made the ledge I immediately switched to ice breaker but then decided that won't do anything except tickle the big baddies. Switched to ghallajhorn and used the ammo synth. Don't use ice breaker, you'll be there all day trying to kill the knight. You don't damage the ogre. It will take 8+ crits to kill the ogre. But you'll run out of ammo before you kill it and it will kill you.

If you have a 32 Titan it is much easier than that.