Aquarium thread

Drifter

I love this stuff! im planning on doing the same with Lizards!.

Ever since I was a young child, I wanted a iguana...

I've had a few over the years. They are cool, but make sure to find a vet in the area as they are prone to many illnesses. They can be finicky when young also.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Testing out my moonlight setup I am making for it now. After checking into "aquarium moonlights" from aquarium supply shops there was no way I was going to pay what they want for moonlights on a tank this big. So spent some time today running around testing out the brightness on different blue LED rope lights that stores have out for Christmas now and finally found two 15ft LED rope lights that are not only nice and bright, but LED so they will give me the shimmer effect, plus they are able to screw together end to end so once I make the light fixture for the T8 lights I will build these into the fixture as well. From the quick test I think they are going to be perfect from what I can tell.

i29u.jpg

Well I still haven't had time to finish the website for the new side business venture on building these aquarium backgrounds up and running yet, but today I got my first order from a guy that is ordering two 3D backgrounds for a pair of 55g  display show tanks he has in his shop. So that's pretty cool to get an order before the site is even up.

I received my order of Pond Armor / Pond Shield the other day and after getting home from the fish auction yesterday I spent the evening coating the entire background with Pond Armor. For those that don't know what that is it's basically a clear 2-part epoxy that is used for sealing/waterproofing ponds so it is fish safe non toxic. What it does is it seals the background so that fish like plecos will not be able to damage it, algae should wipe right off easily, and should make the background extremely durable for years of use in the tank.

cf5v.jpg

yc2k.jpg

And four complete tubes of GE silicone I* later and the whole background is now permanently installed. Making some real progress now. Hopefully my goal of having fish in it by Thanksgiving will be attainable still.
6ylm.jpg

hi16.jpg

Also started working on the cave lights as well. Using the same style internal inverter cold cathode light bars on this one as I have my previous builds. Testing out the right side cave lights here.
tgjv.jpg

Spent some time yesterday working in the filter room behind the tank getting it cleaned up so I have room behind the tank for easy tank maintenance and decided to build a stand for the dual filters. I always hate bending over to do maintenance on filters so I figured I'd make things a bit easier and get them up a bit higher so I built a stand for them using leftover wood and red oak that I had left from one of my 55g stand builds. Figure if I was gonna go to the trouble to make a filter stand then might as well make it nice even if it is hidden behind a wall ;D Also found a use for one of the spare 20G hood/light combos I have had laying around. Repurposed it it into a light over the filter table.

3cou.jpg