JsinOwl

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No download at all. It's on the disc. Activi$ion you greedy fucking bastards

Pretty much exactly this

Also, did you guys hear that if you didn't buy this "Expansion" then you don't get to do a daily or weekly

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Yup. We were talking about that today. It's like going to McDonalds, ordering a combo meal, paying for it, then halfway through your meal someone takes away your fries because you didn't supersize your combo. It's bullshit.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Yup. We were talking about that today. It's like going to McDonalds, ordering a combo meal, paying for it, then halfway through your meal someone takes away your fries because you didn't supersize your combo. It's bullshit.

Look at it another way would you be happy if they got to do stuff for free you'd payed for?

The strike is part of the dlc as are some pvp maps they didn't pay so no play, harsh maybe.

Speaking of nightfalls when do they unlock?

They had us download it in those big updates we got in the past few weeks so there wouldn't be a huge download on release day.

Actually all the content was on the disc. That's how all the weapons and gear has been leaked. It was taken from the game files.

Several people are naming the DLC as Disc Locked Content

Activision are greedy bastards, they'll get their due in the end. I don't really blame Bungie for this, but they have to take the brunt of the criticism. It is what it is, I still love the game, I've gotten my money's worth and then some from the normal game, now I'll get my money's worth from the expansion. 

I think if Activision put their customer first and strived for expansive, engaging, technically sound games, they'd make more money in the long run. How many potential Destiny players did they lose because of all the (largely justified) negative press? They've already tarnished a brand that shot out of the gate with so much good feelings and excitement. 

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Activision are greedy bastards, they'll get their due in the end. I don't really blame Bungie for this, but they have to take the brunt of the criticism. It is what it is, I still love the game, I've gotten my money's worth and then some from the normal game, now I'll get my money's worth from the expansion.

I think if Activision put their customer first and strived for expansive, engaging, technically sound games, they'd make more money in the long run. How many potential Destiny players did they lose because of all the (largely justified) negative press? They've already tarnished a brand that shot out of the gate with so much good feelings and excitement.

The issue is it's just not Activi$ion. It's all major gaming companies now days. Where they may have started the trend with rushing unfinished games or raping you with dlc they are all guilty of it now.

Destiny was a really good launch for most people. You had a few that had or still have connection issues but as a whole it's been good. I love this game but still think it got chopped into pieces either by Bungie or at the demands of Activi$ion. I would of loved to of seen what their true plan for the game was

Actually all the content was on the disc. That's how all the weapons and gear has been leaked. It was taken from the game files.

Several people are naming the DLC as Disc Locked Content

Right, the game files we downloaded in the update. Gear from the Dark Below was leaked after the update.

Right, the game files we downloaded in the update. Gear from the Dark Below was leaked after the update.

http://gamerant.com/destiny-dark-below-legendary-gear-discovered/

Actually some of the gear was discovered in October. This post was from the 18th of that month.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bungie-explains-why-some-destiny-dlc-is-already-on/1100-6423327/

Gamespot article where Bungie talks about content already on disc

I'm not saying all was on there but a lot of it was.

Activision has been doing this with CoD for years.

Look at it another way would you be happy if they got to do stuff for free you'd payed for?

The strike is part of the dlc as are some pvp maps they didn't pay so no play, harsh maybe.

Speaking of nightfalls when do they unlock?

We all did Nightfalls/Dailys before the DLC came out.  It doesn't have to be tired to the DLC.  They should just have two separate playlists, like CoD does with their map pack DLC.  You can't take away part of a game from someone for not buying DLC, that's just crooked.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I have to say, I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment by all the changes to the games basic systems. So many things I took for granted are different now.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

The Vanguard Faction armor changing makes me grouchy

I was one piece shy on Monday night, so I bought the last piece with my Marks last night..... No more Armada Armor! Nope, its an all new Titan set! Oh and by the way! the colors and styles aren't the same

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

If owned just the vanilla game and not the dlc I would be absolutely livid. This sort of thing is totally unacceptable and makes me want to walk away.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/12/09/destinys-weekly-strikes-locked-behind-dark-below-dlc/

We discussed it yesterday and I am fine with it, it was going to happen its one week in 5 I would be livid if they got it for free, it's a bit like moaning they dont get the new raid.

The only way round it and it would still be controversial is to put 2 weeklies on and let dlc owners do both that week.

Or are we just supposed to keep doing the same 4 strikes forever?

I think Chris put his thoughts about it across most eloquently lol

As for nerfing loot drops I've this is the first I've heard of it.

It is shitty.I don't see them doing two separate play list. The actual reason to do the Nightfall is the buff not the rewards. The weekly is for coins. Two strike playlists would only be relevant what one week out of five. I would be pissed if it happened to me but I would also get over it if I didn't want to spend $20. Who should be pissed are the Xbox users who are missing out on the best strike in the game. I honestly don't see a fix to the situation. Glad it's not me on the short end.

I've been getting cheated out of money by games for years, and I actually feel less cheated by destiny than most. At least I get to play the dlc I payed for, looking at you bf4 and cod. Hell even skyrim fucked me over with dlc(last boss was unkillable glitch)

The game runs great and I have a blast playing it, so I'm happy. If I didn't buy the dlc then Yeah, I'd be pissed one week out of 5 or so.

I think they way they went about it is wrong, but at least the damn game is working, which is more than I can say for most titles these days, sad really. Sure I'd like to see more content, but that's another story.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I know I say this allot, but these guys need to look at Blizzard to see how xpacs should be.

The latest WoW expansion has more content than the whole of Destiny. Probably double. It's also cheaper and much, much more fun.

I wish you guys had PCs. You'd never play Destiny again.

banlol.png

I know I say this allot, but these guys need to look at Blizzard to see how xpacs should be.

The latest WoW expansion has more content than the whole of Destiny. Probably double. It's also cheaper and much, much more fun.

I wish you guys had PCs. You'd never play Destiny again.

wouldn't mind playing WOW... it looks pretty cool... I wonder if I should grab a new Alienware alpha gaming rig, and set it up... play it right on my game room tv and all...:)

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg