The relevance of VOG after DB releases..

Adolf Sheekster

Will people still play the VOG?
In the past 48hrs, I've gotten to experience the VOG in it's entirety, twice, on normal. I've done bits and pieces before that, but man, what a f@cking awesome experience.
I'm old enough to say that i was there right from the 'mid-early' days of Atari, to my PS4, and everything in between.(Altered Beast is still one of my all time faves ;)), but this is probably the best video game I've ever played!

I know you 30 guys who've done vog a hundred times are itching to move on...I'm pretty envious of all your prizes, but you've grinded the sh!t out of this game to get them, so you deserve it.
I, personally, got into all of this kind of late, so I'm hoping to catch up with all my new clan members on these new raids.
Anyways, the point of the thread is that now, any of us that haven't reached light level 30, will be able to do so without grinding VOG, through Eris' various bounty's/missions.
Makes me wonder if the VOG will be abandoned..
What do you all think?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, i'll still run the VoG as much as possible/needed. I basically feel the ame as you do about this game. It's so much fun and if i don't get any rewards from the run it doesn't matter.

At the moment there's enough content to say that i will quite happily do anything at any time. As time goes on and we're a few expansions in then time might be more of an issue. Until then let me just shoot some alien faces!

I'll still run it but only when I have time. I generally play two hours a night midweek and want to do the daily/weekly/Nightfall so i only tend to do VoG at weekends. So new DLC raids with hopefully better drops will take priority although I imagine I'll reassess when we understand the DLC better

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I only really get to run extended periods on a weekend so it's a lot to fit in but I will have no problem running VoG after the dlc drops, it's screwed me a bit lately but it takes like no time and there's still weapons from it I want, it's also a good quick way of earning shards and energies if needed.

I think most people still want a mythoclast

Oh and fully remember having altered beast for megadrive

Having done this week's weekly heroic with Chris and Tommy I was thinking about how long it took, basically VoG could be done in about the same time so it's basically a strike now, not sure what it rewards but surely it's a decent amount of vanguard rep which would certainly be the quickest way to level up for commendations?

Also with the damage mods on weeklies and nightfalls fatebringer/preadaths timepiece and mythoclast really would be helpful let alone shards and energies.

VoG is relevant just the raid gear isn't.

Having done this week's weekly heroic with Chris and Tommy I was thinking about how long it took, basically VoG could be done in about the same time so it's basically a strike now, not sure what it rewards but surely it's a decent amount of vanguard rep which would certainly be the quickest way to level up for commendations?

Also with the damage mods on weeklies and nightfalls fatebringer/preadaths timepiece and mythoclast really would be helpful let alone shards and energies.

VoG is relevant just the raid gear isn't.

I fully expect to get a full set of raid gear on my next vault run. [emoji57]

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I still need to do VoG, but now I am wondering if I should skip it and just focus on the new Raid.

I read a similar thread on reddit earlier, and the consensus there was WoG was pointless as they hadn't updated the loot table for the level 31-32 stuff, and the buff was now gone. (No idea what buff they are talking about)

I don't know how accurate this is, but there ya go

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I still need to do VoG, but now I am wondering if I should skip it and just focus on the new Raid.

I read a similar thread on reddit earlier, and the consensus there was WoG was pointless as they hadn't updated the loot table for the level 31-32 stuff, and the buff was now gone. (No idea what buff they are talking about)

I don't know how accurate this is, but there ya go

Yea the loot hasn't been updated in VOG but you still need to do it. Many times. You will need 72 shards to upgrade all Dark Below armor

If I am on then I am totally up for this, but I really don't know at this point. 

I would like to be, but tonight is a wonky night for me.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."