You guys wouldn't believe me if I told you. You know how much of a HUGE fisherman I am, I wade rivers all the time, love being on rivers and fishing and just being out on the water in my boat or wading etc etc. I have a fear of water, no BS I'm serious.

I think it comes from the fact that when I was a little kid and my dad tried to teach my sister and I to swim I would always take my fishing rod and fish rather than learn to swim, so now I can't swim for shit these days. I love the water and wade all the time, but once I get about waist deep wading it freeks me out so that's as deep as I wade. Had that my whole life, I don't even like to get water in my eyes when I shower. Yet I spend half my life on the water :wacko: I know, weird lol. Me being scared of water is like a pilot being afraid of heights :D

I know that feel.

I was almost sucked into open sea by the tide while trying to save my brother from drowning.

Now I panic whenever I get waist deep in any body of water.

/I imagine drowning is the worst way to go...

DM9ON.png

You guys wouldn't believe me if I told you. You know how much of a HUGE fisherman I am, I wade rivers all the time, love being on rivers and fishing and just being out on the water in my boat or wading etc etc. I have a fear of water, no BS I'm serious.

I think it comes from the fact that when I was a little kid and my dad tried to teach my sister and I to swim I would always take my fishing rod and fish rather than learn to swim, so now I can't swim for shit these days. I love the water and wade all the time, but once I get about waist deep wading it freeks me out so that's as deep as I wade. Had that my whole life, I don't even like to get water in my eyes when I shower. Yet I spend half my life on the water :wacko: I know, weird lol. Me being scared of water is like a pilot being afraid of heights :D

Isn't water waist deep for you over most people heads?  :lol:

In all seriousness I don't like large bodies of water. I remember getting sucked towards the sea on holiday in Turkey and was really struggling to get back on the beach. Not fun.

Isn't water waist deep for you over most people heads? :lol:

In all seriousness I don't like large bodies of water. I remember getting sucked towards the sea on holiday in Turkey and was really struggling to get back on the beach. Not fun.

Thus proves my theory that the sea has tasted human suffering and acquired a hunger for it.

DM9ON.png