Black Friday highlights

J4MES OX4D

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that go on these Black Friday trips need their friggin heads examined. They get up at a ridiculous hour of the morning to go to a store and stand in line outside in the cold for hours, then push and shove and all but incite riots and for what? To save a few bucks?? That's just sick if you ask me. Money is a man made object and not worth the bullshit that happens at these stores just to save some.  I'm with you James, I don't even usually get out of the house much on black Friday, I do most my shopping online and avoid all the idiots at the stores.

I went shopping yesterday, I managed to hit 3 stores.

The local pet store to get a new dog bed, and some pig ears for the puppy

The new comic book shop. Dude had a buy 2 get 3 free...... Dude was flaming pissed when I walked up with 200$ of stuff to buy, and then walked out with about 500$. Not even joking he had to get me two boxes LOL 

I think next year he will have a different sale.

After that I hit amazon.... No crowd in site

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

The thing that bugs me most is "Black Friday" is the antithesis of what Thanksgiving is all about. I don't blame people for taking advantage of the deals, but the whole thing just makes me sad.  :(

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

The thing that bugs me most is "Black Friday" is the antithesis of what Thanksgiving is all about. I don't blame people for taking advantage of the deals, but the whole thing just makes me sad. :(

Agreed. Let's all be thankful for what we have, all the while preparing to go out and trample a mother fucker for a 50 inch tv.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Ah, Black Friday, aka "we've had these pallets of shitty TVs gathering dust in our warehouse for the last year, give me a ton and you can have one" day.

I bought tons of stuff yesterday, the only thing on slecial was a Chromecast. Some of the stuff they were selling was ridiculous. Not only Blaupunkt tvs, but also Polaroid ones, and some other brand I've never heard of. It's all crap. Granted if you're living on the breadline it might be a good deal but nobody woth a decent income and half a brain would even look twoce at them.

The 40" ones were 30hz for fuck sakes, welcome back to the 90s guys! No wonder no shops had display models.

Also great for bringing the worst out in people, the way some people behaved is nothing short of primal.

banlol.png

Ah, Black Friday, aka "we've had these pallets of shitty TVs gathering dust in our warehouse for the last year, give me a ton and you can have one" day.

I bought tons of stuff yesterday, the only thing on slecial was a Chromecast. Some of the stuff they were selling was ridiculous. Not only Blaupunkt tvs, but also Polaroid ones, and some other brand I've never heard of. It's all crap. Granted if you're living on the breadline it might be a good deal but nobody woth a decent income and half a brain would even look twoce at them.

The 40" ones were 30hz for fuck sakes, welcome back to the 90s guys! No wonder no shops had display models.

Also great for bringing the worst out in people, the way some people behaved is nothing short of primal.

:lol: I swear hasbeen brands get resurrected just for events like Black Friday! I bet Tesco done a deal with the old-school Blaupunkt to make 100,000 shite but big TV's for just that day to make a quick buck for them and Tesco. I bet we'll see JVC camera phones and Amstrad laptops come Christmas! 30hz for a TV is like a game running at 10fps. I spent £350 on a Samsung 600hz Smart TV a couple of weeks back and if I'm going to spend something; I'd rather splash out on something that's good value for what's on offer and an established brand that something that already sounds too close to 'Bankrupt' as in Blaupunkt B)

Most of the people I saw in the reports looked like chavs lacking a double digit IQ buying that crap so screw it but the typical consumer will always think with their cheapskate mentality over quality especially when it comes to sales. 

To Diddum's point - 

My wife called me and asked if I wanted a 32" HDTV for a PC monitor.  Tempting, but I asked her if it was 1080, she said she wasn't sure.  She asked an employee and I could hear him in the background... "Uhhh, yeah, I think so.  Aren't all TV's 1080 now?"  Then, a second employee came up and scanned it, nope... 720.  No thanks.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

To Diddum's point - 

My wife called me and asked if I wanted a 32" HDTV for a PC monitor.  Tempting, but I asked her if it was 1080, she said she wasn't sure.  She asked an employee and I could hear him in the background... "Uhhh, yeah, I think so.  Aren't all TV's 1080 now?"  Then, a second employee came up and scanned it, nope... 720.  No thanks.

720 ones are labelled as "HD Ready" whereas the 1080 ones are usually "full hd" or similar. HD Ready is the biggest con going, sadly loads of people fall for it.

banlol.png

There's nothing wrong with 720. While my main TV's I use (my 54" & 40" ones) are 1080 full HD I do have a Haier 32" 720 TV in the workshop and truth be told I personally can't tell a whole ton of difference between 720 and 1080.

In grumpy old man voice - You damn kids are just spoiled. Go back to the days of having a 13" black & white tv that you had to change the channels with vice grips on and then tell me how your 720 is junk again! :lol:

Ha! You're not that old, old man. I remember the days of having to manually tune each channel individually, and walk back and forth to the telly to change the channel each time!

I remember when my aunt bought a VCR with a remote, we were all amazed at how they could get the information across that tiny little cord which was long enough to run around the house with :P

As for the 720/1080 thing, it's only a small factor. Size is a huge contributor, if you've ever seen a 40"+ 720p tv you'll know what I mean. Refresh rate is just as important, as are colour depths, black levels, contrast ratios, etc etc.

banlol.png

There's nothing wrong with 720. While my main TV's I use (my 54" & 40" ones) are 1080 full HD I do have a Haier 32" 720 TV in the workshop and truth be told I personally can't tell a whole ton of difference between 720 and 1080.

In grumpy old man voice - You damn kids are just spoiled. Go back to the days of having a 13" black & white tv that you had to change the channels with vice grips on and then tell me how your 720 is junk again! :lol:

I used to play Atari on an old black and white like that!  lol  

I don't think that 720's are junk, but there's definitely a noticeable difference in quality.  I have a 1080 PC monitor right now, so I didn't want to spend money to downgrade, that would be silly.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png