Anyone know anything about Skylanders?

Docwagon

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My nephews have this for the Wii. I played it a few times with them. I doubt there is any difference between the consoles. Maybe better graphics? The Wii was horrible, but what is expected? 

The figures can get a bit pricey, especially the bigger ones. As long as you have the code cards for the figure they should be good to go. And you might need to reset the characters level in the menu because the person that sold it could have it max level, then your son wouldn't have anything to work on.

My niece has Disney Infinity and that's like the same thing, just Disney.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

my son and I play,

its a huge money grab, so be wary....

We have the first game and Giants which came out like 2 years ago, there have been 2 expansions since then that require new figs and crap

its the most blatant money grab ever to be honest. My son hasn't touched them in years, we have the damn thing for the Xbox 360 and his Nintendo 3DS.

EDIT:

My advice, is research all the characters, and only buy the ones you like or are interested in playing. the others are not worth the $8-$15 that they tend to run.

Sadly my wife is insane and my son isn't missing a single fig from either set. We only play Trigger happy or the mer-man guy that came with the basic set.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I've played this with my cousin a fair few times. I was pissed that instead of having multiple lives, you need to switch characters when you die. This basically equates to pay to win on a co-op game <_< . It does make future christmas and birthday presents easy though :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if you want to access certain areas, you will need to buy a hero of a specific type to break the wall there. PIss take.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if you want to access certain areas, you will need to buy a hero of a specific type to break the wall there. PIss take.

I forgot about this part. This did annoy me greatly, you have to have one of each element, the starter set only comes with 3, that leaves like 5 others. 

NOTE: This is how it worked in the first game and first expansion (Giants)

All things being what they are, I tell everyone to avoid this game, its just a huge money sink and in my experience with my son and kids of friends, it only gets played about the first few weeks and then never again.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I forgot about this part. This did annoy me greatly, you have to have one of each element, the starter set only comes with 3, that leaves like 5 others. 

NOTE: This is how it worked in the first game and first expansion (Giants)

All things being what they are, I tell everyone to avoid this game, its just a huge money sink and in my experience with my son and kids of friends, it only gets played about the first few weeks and then never again.

My experience is only with Giants. At least my cousin still plays it, I would hate to spend that much money on it and it not get any use at all.

Amazon had 25% off the "trap team" kit if you have an Amazon credit card (which I do) so I went ahead and ordered it.  There's a disc replay within walking distance of my house and they have a metric shit ton of used figures, and if he wants more figures he can buy them there out of his allowance.

So far its been worth the entry fee.  He got a few figures for Christmas and a few extra traps.  There are areas we have to bypass, but it's not a huge deal right now as there's plenty to do.  He really enjoys playing and its entertaining enough that I don't mind playing with him.  We'll see how long it keeps his interest.  I told him if he waits a few months used figures will start showing up and he can save a lot of money.  He's ok with that.