Stream from PC to TV

BO7H B4RRELS

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steam should be able to, but being in another room, I don't know how that would work.

Honestly, the whole in another room thing is whats going to cock things up for you

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'm not familiar with how they function but after searching Wireless Dislplay miracast adapters and reading the features on newegg.com I'm also wondering if it will work if you plug it into the USB on the box. Maybe try searching the model number of your box and if others have had success with an adapter using the USB port.

I don't have a cable box but if it has the ability of choosing USB like a Video 1, Video 2, USB type deal it will probably work.

I have mine HDMI'd to my TV but I'm in the same room. Not having control over the computer and having to run in the other room to use it would drive me crazy.

Good luck.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

So, I've found some options... 

Option #1 - These exist and seem pretty cool.  It's a little more expensive than option 2, but it would make the job a lot simpler/easier.  I watched this video.  Seems pretty simple to set up/use.  The quality seems fine.  

Option #2 - Or, I could just buy this.  It's cheaper.  The installation would be a little more work.  I already have an Ethernet cable that goes through my basement ceiling and through my crawlspace that connects the two spots I want to use.  Running it along the basement ceiling would be easy, until I get to the crawlspace area, then I'd have to get my big ass back in there, which was not fun the first time.  From what I've read, hdmi has a standard 25 ft. certified quality guarantee, but after that, it's hit or miss.  A lot of people have said that they've had no issues with 75 ft. of hdmi.  I'm looking at right around 75-80 ft.  

So, does anyone have any experience with either of these situations/setups?  

Not sure what to do.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

If you spend a HUNDRED DOLLARS on a cable I'll fly to the states and kick you in the nuts.

Don't you still have your Xbox 360? If not, how cheap can you bag one?

I thought that monoprice was the cheapest place to buy cables?

I sold my 360 to help pay for the PS4.  Why, what's the 360 idea?

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

What exactly do you want to stream? Just films n shit on your PC? If so, this would've served you perfectly.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/system/media

You *could* also do with with another console but the fact is that Windows and Xbox are pretty much made for each other, it's like a 3 min setup.

What other gadgets / devices have you got? Might be able to hack something.

banlol.png