The Division - RPG?

phil bottle

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This and GTA V on PC are my two main hopes for next year.

New article in IGN today:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/24/how-the-division-is-combating-the-weight-of-expectation

I'm top comment in that :D After Watch Dogs; I'm taking everything from Ubisoft with a pinch of salt especially the way they demo their games. It has massive potential but could easily be another letdown. 

That'll need a hell of a rig to play too - you seen the minimum specs for AC Unity Phil?

Minimum PC Specs:

• Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz processor
  • 6 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM) video card

Recommended PC Specs:

• Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better processor
  • 8 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM) video card

Additionally, the following requirements must be met:

• Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit versions only)
  • DirectX Version 11
  • DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
  • 50 GB available HDD space

That was a good read, thanks for posting it.  

The Division was the #1 game that got me excited about getting a PS4.  I was bummed out to find it was pushed back.  I almost forgot about it at this point.  The article got me excited again.  

"we should expect a title that owes more to its RPG heritage than anything else. While gameplay does indeed take the form of third-player cover-based shooting, the actual wider “point” of the game is all about that genre-defining progression of levelling up, hunting the best loot, and using all you find to scale even greater heights."

"It’s not a shooter with some RPG stats tacked on. It’s actually a proper RPG from the very beginning."

I'd love to play this on PC, but most of my gaming friends will be getting it on PS4, so I'll be getting it for PS4 too because it looks like an amazing game to play in a party.    

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I'm top comment in that :D After Watch Dogs; I'm taking everything from Ubisoft with a pinch of salt especially the way they demo their games. It has massive potential but could easily be another letdown. 

That'll need a hell of a rig to play too - you seen the minimum specs for AC Unity Phil?

Minimum PC Specs:

• Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz processor
  • 6 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM) video card

Recommended PC Specs:

• Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better processor
  • 8 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM) video card

Additionally, the following requirements must be met:

• Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit versions only)
  • DirectX Version 11
  • DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
  • 50 GB available HDD space

Ha, I gave your comment a like, I think most of threads were, as usual, pc v console wars ;)

Specs-wise I'm glad I invested in a decent rig but as with Watch Dogs, it's all about the optimisation, and Ubi do not have a great track record on that score.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

That was a good read, thanks for posting it.  

The Division was the #1 game that got me excited about getting a PS4.  I was bummed out to find it was pushed back.  I almost forgot about it at this point.  The article got me excited again.  

"we should expect a title that owes more to its RPG heritage than anything else. While gameplay does indeed take the form of third-player cover-based shooting, the actual wider “point” of the game is all about that genre-defining progression of levelling up, hunting the best loot, and using all you find to scale even greater heights."

"It’s not a shooter with some RPG stats tacked on. It’s actually a proper RPG from the very beginning."

I'd love to play this on PC, but most of my gaming friends will be getting it on PS4, so I'll be getting it for PS4 too because it looks like an amazing game to play in a party.    

I think (hope) they've learned some lessons from recent history but I agree, this article seems like they're going in the right direction!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Did they give a reason?

I thought it was supposed to be almost finished.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Did they give a reason?

I thought it was supposed to be almost finished.

Here's the statement - bear in mind; Ubisoft Annecy were hired just 3 days ago to work on the project, so I reckon they are well behind schedule - probably spent months wasting time upscaling their E3 presentation before the inevitable downgrade :D

Agents,

We have decided to release the game on Xbox One, PS4 and PC during the first quarter of calendar year 2016.

All of us at Massive, Reflections, Red Storm Entertainment and Ubisoft Annecy want to ensure the game not only meets our high expectations but also those of our fans and players alike. We are proud of what we have achieved so far and can’t wait to show you more next month at E3!

Thanks for your support,

The Dev Team

Would a Sapphire 7870 run this? 2gig

Too early to say but hopefully we'll here further details around E3 regarding specs and such.. :)

From E3 2015

So, basically this will be kill on sight when it comes to other people in multiplayer. It's not longer a release day purchase for me, at least until more info is released.

For example. Will there be those little cut scenes in the multiplayer every time you come across NPCs? That's a bit off putting for me.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So, basically this will be kill on sight when it comes to other people in multiplayer. It's not longer a release day purchase for me, at least until more info is released.

For example. Will there be those little cut scenes in the multiplayer every time you come across NPCs? That's a bit off putting for me.

Yea, as I watched that dude bail on his party, and then kill them all, I thought to myself "Fuck that noise!"

Every ALPHA Player that has slept with my mom will be an issue in that game.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

It'll be a PVP fest right from the get-go I expect if the likes of DayZ and other survival games to go by. The presentation yesterday was pretty underwhelming and the game looks exceptionally poor when showcased on hardware-comparable systems as opposed to the textually-enhanced demos we've seen previous. The framerate looks shite as well so I'm expecting <25fps at best. Looks more bloody downgraded than Watch Dogs but at least Ubisoft are demonstrating the game now at face value as opposed to leaving it at the last minute to spill the beans. 

Yea, as I watched that dude bail on his party, and then kill them all, I thought to myself "Fuck that noise!"

Every ALPHA Player that has slept with my mom will be an issue in that game.

Yep, and if they have global chat it will be even worse. 

It'll be a PVP fest right from the get-go I expect if the likes of DayZ and other survival games to go by. The presentation yesterday was pretty underwhelming and the game looks exceptionally poor when showcased on hardware-comparable systems as opposed to the textually-enhanced demos we've seen previous. The framerate looks shite as well so I'm expecting <25fps at best. Looks more bloody downgraded than Watch Dogs but at least Ubisoft are demonstrating the game now at face value as opposed to leaving it at the last minute to spill the beans. 

Totally agree. When I first heard about this game I thought good things but the longer they take on it, the worse it appears to actually be, but time will tell.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I would be shocked if it didn't manage to hit 30FPS, thats not a hard number to reach with console hardware. Sadly, I think you are dead on in your thoughts about what we will end up with.

Also, what was the deal with "Yellow" being the main color in AssCreed Syndicate?