Angry Joe Destiny Review

jordie1892

I think that a lot of the reason for the mixed reviews are the expectations of what type of game you think it is going into it.  This review is pretty accurate though.  The story sucks.  Soooo much potential to tell a great story, but it seems half-assed.  So, if you go into this expecting some epic Halo type story line with a nice long campaign, you'll be disappointed.  However, if you go into this game knowing that it's not really about the story, it's about the epic battles, grinding for better gear, and future content, then it's all good.  

I'm loving it.  9/10.  I was a little disappointed in the story.  But, I'm having so much fun playing in a party going through some amazing battles.  I'm looking forward to future DLC.  I think this game will continue to expand beyond what we can imagine.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I didn't watch the whole vid nor have I played the full release version of destiny, however as you can tell at least from this forum the people playing it and liking it are the same people who play and like Warframe... Warframe is a very repetitive game and has a lot of RNG based grinding for the things you want...

If warframe isn't your cup of tea destiny probably isn't either...

Also i still stand by what I said way back last year, this isn't the game everyone was looking for... The fps community in general hated ghosts and I believe most the hype about this game was because it was a fps made by the creators of halo, and that's what they expected, not a mmo type game with fps added onto the side... That's why I think people have not been so hyped up since release...

blackops2sig.jpg

Also i still stand by what I said way back last year, this isn't the game everyone was looking for... The fps community in general hated ghosts and I believe most the hype about this game was because it was a fps made by the creators of halo, and that's what they expected, not a mmo type game with fps added onto the side... That's why I think people have not been so hyped up since release...

I think this is VERY accurate.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I dabbled with warframe but bf4 drew me back in, just finished the campaign and actually enjoyed it but thus game comes more alive after level 20.

It is a grind but I've just lost 4 hrs playing for bounties, the more I play the more I enjoy and I haven't even teamed up as of yet my mate I know has a ps4 won't buy the game.

I think being a challenge whore in other games stands me in good stead for grinding better stuff in destiny.

So far having played the beta and being disappointed I'm rather surprised.

Oh and there's the crucible to go at yet.

The campaign blows. Straight up.

I think most people, myself included, took in all the massive hype and expected a mind-blowingly epic open world shooter. It's not nearly as epic as my expectation; and I think a lot of reviewers look at it the same. They think I got this game, with all this amazing potential and the story sucks and is too short. The enemies have no personality or motivation. The characters are not developed AT ALL. The story missions and patrols get very samey-same real fast.

What I see is not what Destiny is, but what it will be, and I'm very exited.

For example.

If you actually go to the grimoire and start reading you notice some really important things. The cards that AREN'T there yet, but there are spaces for them. Cards for Saturn, Mercury, Jupiter. Cards for multiple other regions on each the planets we've already explored. Notice that every class has an additional sub-class slot that is currently empty. I wonder about the stranger and the other people she was talking to, and when Xur shows up as Agent of the Nine, he says you're the one he's sent to. Sent by whom? The stranger? The Nine? Are those two connected? What I see is the framework of the game I wanted, it just hasn't been fleshed out yet.

There are some things that Destny already does great. It's an awesome shooter; it feels great to play. The weapons and gear are fantastic. The worlds, graphics, and visuals all spectacular. For me, the high level strikes and raids are where it's at. Missions that are extremely difficult and require strategy and coordination to defeat. Co-operative play that will push you to the very limits of your ability. Then there's the Crucible for PvP if that's your thing.

tl;dr

I see the game that Destiny is going to become, and I like it very much. In the mean time, there's plenty to do and enjoy.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Awesome write-up Jason. I agree with all of your statements. I'm really enjoying Destiny. It's different from games I typically play. I think I'm getting away from competitive multiplayer games simply because the community sucks balls. Skyrim got me into a different genre of games. Never played a RPG before. Warframe has shown me how much fun co-op is and how rewarding it is to work for something. Now Destiny brings both of those games together but with it's on wrinkle on it. In the two weeks since its release I've found myself wanting to play more each day.

Like everyone has said the campaign sucks. To short,no character or true story development. It was intentional by Bungie to do this. They want you to want more. If by free content or dlc. They have stated all along they want Destiny to be a game you want to play for years down the road.