Clash of Clans: How Often Should We Have A Clan War? New Update

Bees had little rant today about Clan Wars and it got me thinking that we've never actually asked people how often they want them, if at all. We've had two wins out of six (?) which given our wide spread of experience and the opposition we've come across is about right

Hopefully, there should be a poll at the top but please also leave your thoughts on the subject. If I've mucked up and there's no poll, post up the war frequency that you would be happy with

Finally, we all appreciate that we live in a real world - if you can't join in a particular war because of work, school, holidays, family, etc. don't worry about it just leave a message either on the forum or in the game chat

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Doesn't matter to me. The more the better. My biggest concern is like what happened to me,I was in the middle of upgrading my spell factory when it got pushed. I gained trophies to participate then we started two days earlier than what was planned. So I had ZERO spells. Try doing anything againg a tough opponite with no spells

Listen guys, I was just venting about the lack of participation, especially against a tougher opponent like the last one we played. There are many of us that donate troops and participate in these clan wars, while there are others that don't attack, donate or give their opinion. That's all good and I understand that we all have real life worries going on but it's not helping us win these wars. That's where my question comes in as to why even do them if all it's going to do show up as another loss for us, some of lose a good chunk of elixir and piss those of us off that participate?

I've been trying for close to a month now to get to 30,000 dark elixir and 3,000,000 elixir to do some upgrades. Between getting raided by douchebags and playing in these clan wars my elixir never gets close and my dark elixir sits at around 25,000. I have taken the advice on how to slow down the attacks on my village so that I can build these up but it's not working or if it is, it's so fucking slow I'm starting to not care.

In the end, this is not directed at anyone in particular. I just wanted you all to know how I felt. I love you guys like brothers and Bob is right, we are a close knit clan where we all know each other from here. Please don't let my rage and venting disrupt this game. Again, I just wanted you all to know where I was coming from and what I was feeling about this. Thanks.

Kyle its really tough building up those sort of balances, good luck to you - have you thought about getting a 1-week shield, cant remember how many stars but would certainly help you. I'm at 23k dark elixir so know exactly how you feel, want to upgrade my pigs!

Personally if someone wants to sit out a clan war as they are saving for elixir I would say, just sit it out.

Personally if someone wants to sit out a clan war as they are saving for elixir I would say, just sit it out.

This.

But set up your war village and let us know, then we'll stick something meaty in the castle for defence and not worry about leaving you something to attack

Just for reference Bees I was down to zero elixer when I upgraded my research lab a week aga and I'm already up to 250,000 that's with some attacking to get eligible for the war, I'll drop down to like 850 trophies put my TH on the edge of the map,move my dark drill and storage to the middle of my base. Minus a few dicks using lightning spells. No ones touched my resources.

I can't do polls on tap talk, can't even see them, so I'll look later.

I think taking a lil time off from wars would be beneficial, get our higher level players a chance to upgrade more troops so we can take out the enemy's higher players, like they routinely do to us.

I started out before this war with over 2m elixir and am down to 1.4 after, that sucks, but I feel like the only way I can 2 star some of the town hall 9s is by making as op army as possible. I typically don't even get to go someone my level.

I'm kinda rambling, but I agree with most of what Bees says.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

OK so it looks like a Wednesday start day once a month....let's make it the first Wednesday in the month to make it easy to remember. Go in the afternoon or early evening and I'll start the first one UK time then it's over to Bees for the next one.

We can change it after a few goes if we're not happy with how it's panning out

If there's no objections I'll go in July

Post up in the main thread if you're not taking part this time.

Thanks guys

OK a few thoughts on Clan Wars

First Wednesday in the month seems like a acceptable result to all so I've removed the poll. Moving on......

As a clan we have become bigger but have developed into a fairly close and friendly group which, I think, is marvellous and something we should try to hold onto

As we've grown, the clan wars we have entered have pitted us against bigger groups who seem more... "serious" about it and, whilst we have had a couple of notable wins, we tend to get beaten. No drama in this as it is only a game but the competitive side in most people wants to win

The problem as I see it is - how can we go back to being a smaller, compettive war clan but keep our friendly group as it is? Chris TG and I have been discussing this and think we have a solution. It's a bit convoluted so bear with me and keep reading

Chris' #2 account, Bondie Boy leaves the clan and starts a new one called #FG War Clan

A couple of days before a clan war we put a note up on the game chat thread and on the forum and anyone who wants to take part leaves the main clan and joins #FG War Clan, remembering that only the highest 5 or 10 can actually take part (this is the only problem I can forsee if we have say 8 people who want to compete)

After the clan war has ended and people have collected their winnings (if there are any!!), everyone except Bondie Boy leaves the war clan and rejoins the main clan again. Rinse and repeat again in a months time

This means that everyone who wants to play knows they will be available, will be using two attacks therefore maximising our chances of winning and those who don't want to war as it's not their bag, or they're on holiday, have family or work commitments, etc. can just ignore it. The main and most important upshot is the main FG clan stays together for 95% of the time

What are your thoughts? Do you want to try it?

Hi Dave. Thanks to you and Anne for yesterday by the way. Top day. Food, drink, watching Ipswich beat Fulham on the opening day of the season then trashing the girls at cards in the evening. Does it get any better? :-)

Right, as discussed, I'm happy to try this to see if it works (as Bondie Boy). If it does, it will mean Bondie Boy is excluded from the general Clan life - which is a downside as he is just getting worthy...  So if it works, I'll chat up Val (the wife for those who don't know me) and see if she'll let me set up a new Clash of Clans account on her iPad. I'll work to get this up to TH4 and start a permanent new clan.  hope that made sense!

OK all. Have started a new village on the wife's iPad called Queen Val. I'll let you know as soon as it ready to set up a new clan, which will be strictly for Clan Wars. As above, the new clan will be called #FG War Clan. Unless I get bored, I will only take this village as far as I have to in order to start a clan.

So the idea will be that when we are ready to have a war, we leave the "normal" clan and join #FG War Clan. At the end of the war we all leave and rejoin the normal clan, Queen Val sits there until we are ready to have another war.

Simple. :-)

OK guys. We now have the #FG War Clan set up and ready to rock and roll. So we're looking for volunteers for a 10 vs 10 war. The idea is to make sure we are not dragging people into a war if they don't want to or are not able to join in. So if you sign up, you'll be expected to use both your attacks! :-)   If not, me and Plumber will sulk for days and days and days....

Well, I think our experiment worked quite well (providing we all get accepted back into the main clan! :) )

I like the fact that if for any reason you can't participate it's not a problem

Any other feedback?

Well, I think our experiment worked quite well (providing we all get accepted back into the main clan! :) )

I like the fact that if for any reason you can't participate it's not a problem

Any other feedback?

I think that worked out well, everyone participated in the war. The result wasn't favorable, but everyone showed up and used both attacks. You can't win of you don't try, right?

So good effort fellas.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I thought it worked really well and i'd be really up for going to war more often. I if we do it once a month then we only go to war 12 times a year (maths pro) which doesn't seem like a lot and the rewards that we can get from going to war, loot and gems for stars, seems too good to pass up.

I do think we need a bit of time in between for upgrades etc but i'd honestly do it every week if people were up for it. Most of my attacks come when i'm on the throne, thought you'd all like that image :)