Crazy house fire

tronic44

As i said in the shout box, last night was pretty mental. 

image_zps8aa99a17.jpg

Luckily there was no one at home at the time but the response from the fire brigade was immense, they were there in minutes. It took them almost an hour to put it out, i'd say the flames that came out of the window must have been close to 10 ft. I've never actually seen a house burning before, i've seen the smoke and fire engines rushing to them but never actually been face to face with something like this. The police were kicking down doors to the houses either side to make sure there was no one in there. The house to the left was full of smoke when the door was kicked down.

Later on i decide to pop my head out the window and see how it was going, completely the wrong time because the family had just come back. Was awful to see, most of them were obviously in tears but they'll hopefully take the fact that no one was hurt away with them.

I've no idea what caused this but with the heat that we're having obviously doesn't help. Just wanted to post this to say keep safe <3 

To be honest i got up so early after hardly any sleep that i didn't even think about it till i'd got on the bus. I'm sure there'll be going through it now.

One thing that i forgot to mention, at the front of the house there's a blue cupboard. Half way through putting out the fire, a guy opened it up to see what was in there. There were about 5 gas canisters, they all dropped everything and started grabbing them and taking them away. You could feel the sudden terror of realising what they'd just found, pretty chilling.

House fires are some of my biggest fears. I was in one when I was 14 and just moved into a wooden house, scary as shit as it was out on the country side where help also takes a little longer to arrive.

I've been around a lot of fires. Something is always burning where I live now, have reported 3-4 cars being torched and one moped the last couple of years. Have seen several burned out vehicles nearby too.

You can't see too much in this video but there were two cars torched, which then rolled out of the parking spots when the heat destroyed the brakes

Damn man, that's a lot of fires!

Who keeps setting these things on fire?

Stupid teens who thinks this is cool and have nothing better to do I guess. I saw the ones who did the one in the video. Were probably 17-18 years old at most

I started a habit earlier this year always checking and unplugging electronics before I leave home. It's really easy to think "does it matter" or "probably won't happen to me anyway" but it sure can...

I feel much better when I leave now knowing that I have at least tried to prevent shit from burning up.

Fire is a very scary thing when it is burning something it is not supposed to :ph34r: I've seen car fires and forest fires in person and felt the helpless and scary feelings they invoke. I feel sorry for these people when they have to deal with that in their home.