Advanced Warfare at E3

J4MES OX4D

Is it me or does the gun textures look absolutely terrible?

I can sense that multiplayer is going to be a hellhole with that jumping and dashing.

I thought the same, they look very basic...

blackops2sig.jpg

I know Sledgehammer had so of Optic out a few weeks ago and Nadeshot said it's simply amazing. That Sledgehammer knows what they are doing. Take that as you will. It can't be worse than Ghosts.

I know Sledgehammer had so of Optic out a few weeks ago and Nadeshot said it's simply amazing. That Sledgehammer knows what they are doing. Take that as you will. It can't be worse than Ghosts.

I take everything that the pros say with a pinch of salt. Most of them bummed Ghosts to buggery and then they slated it when it was released. I hope they're right though as I couldn't go through another year of a Ghosts-like experience. 

This.

They had Nadeshot and Rambo out and they both said it was mind-blowing. That was not the reaction the pros gave when Ghosts came out.

Absoloutely. Here's the tweets incase is anyone is interested. SHGames are apparently basing the multiplayer on competitive COD. Hopefully, NO BULLSHIT.

I can honestly say that @SHGames is now one my favorite game developers after yesterday's trip. Such an unbelievable experience.

Visited @SHGames to preview #AdvancedWarfare and I was blown away. It's going to be an amazing year for CoD eSports. Can't wait for 11-4-14!

Two missions detailed behind closed doors:

T2.jpg

BioLab -
The second one shown to us was a mission called Biolab where an actual Sledgehammer Games developer was playing on a Xbox One console. This mission revolves around the stealth aspect, and for the first time they showed the invisibility ability in action. You use the invisibility to pass by a big portion of the area to remain undetected from the drones and enemies. There are times where you have to melee enemies. There’s one point where you go on cloak, and must hide as giant robots walk by you. Once you get through the enemies, you meet up with two new squad mates, and then repel down a cliffside to investigate a chemical outbreak. The HUD itself shows a data file about what chemicals are found and what you have to do. This section was VERY similar to CoD 4′s mission “All Ghillied Up:.

v5.jpg

Collapse -

This was a very exciting and action packed mission. It takes place in San Francisco; some of the gameplay is in the Advanced Warfare Reveal Trailer. The mission starts you off in a middle of a car chase, chasing down enemies before the hit the Golden Gate Bridge. But, you reach the bridge and your vehicle is demolished, flipped upside down. You and Gideon get out and start running on feet to stop the enemy. Exo-suit allows for a double jump, and boost features that lets you go to locations quicker and easier. The game brings new level of verticality as so many more higher areas are reachable. You engage in a battle with hostiles, and use laser guns as well as assault rifles to take them down. Similar to Induction, your player rips off a car door for cover.