Xbox Live "Still the Best"

Commander_Undies

"I think the Xbox One hardware is just fine," Ed Fries remarked in an interview with CNET, carried out just prior to the release of Titanfall. "I like the fact that both Sony and Microsoft have gone back to a more PC like architecture like we did with the original Xbox.

"I also like that every Xbox One is the same, which is important for developers," he added. "On 360, for example, you couldn't count on there being a hard disk." The console's online support is also a cut above, in Fries' view. "Microsoft has always been ahead in system software as well. Xbox Live is still the best and the new system is even better than before."

Once Microsoft's vice-president of game publishing, Fries oversaw the evolution of the fledgling "DirectX box" into the obsidian behemoth we all know and love. "All the PC developers we knew were excited about it," he recalled of the original Xbox's advent. "Nintendo and Sony had a reputation for being difficult to deal with at the time, so I think the developers appreciated having another choice.

"I was thinking about how to get my PC games group into the console business when [the DirectX team] approached me, so it was natural for me to support their effort," Fries went on. "It would be the easiest way for us to get in the business. The next step was for us to convince our bosses to give us a billion dollars or two to give it a try."

So what does the Microsoft of today need to do, in order to overcome the competition? Continue to sign up exclusive games, it seems. "So far there aren't enough games for the system," suggested Fries. "If Microsoft can bring the best first- and third-party games to the platform then they will be tough to beat."

Promisingly, "Game On" is the title of Microsoft's E3 press event. According to Head of Xbox Phil Spencer, 90 minutes isn't enough to fit in all the games there are to show. Watch this space.

Going by the reviews of the One, I had a laugh at this.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

I don't have a xbone but do have a 360 so I'm basing the following negative response off of wasting more and more money over the years on a service that has given me 2 or 3 free complete shit games that I played once and deleted. Seriously MS have the eggheads in your marketing department ever heard of tchotchke? Like if I spend $60+ send me a fucking led key chain that says XBONE on it or a t-shirt, or a stress ball because you make me fucking need one!

Nothing that's $60+ USD a year and gives you absolutely nothing other than online connectivity and the opportunity to waste more money on shit you definitely don't need is "the best". Also some games rely on an internet connection in order to utilize DLC's. Paying for things you can't use if your internet is down or you bring your console/HD to a friends house = not the best.

Does Live give games and things away like PS Plus now or are they still trying to convince people that their service is worth every penny so they can give you video blog updates about future games that are going to suck balls, or other things they think are great and add value to LIVE that I ignore?

Edit: must have read my rant. <_<
10155170_10152381536996023_1891247399890

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

So it'll be £350 in the UK Kinectless! What a ripoff still. 

From the BBC Microsoft said it made the decision to unbundle the Kinect to give gamers "more options".

Really?

It sounds like they know Kinect has failed embarrassingly and that its only primary use is so people don't have the chore of pressing buttons. Game developers don't seem to be using the tech as a primary concern as it's risky and ultimately a fad. 

I gamed on Xbox for 7 years and I'm glad I threw in the towel with them after their initial policy release when announcing the One. I felt they stabbed me in the back and I knew that the console would wobble regardless of any retractions at the 11th hour. It's now like they're making it up as they go along and that they have no strategy going forward. The One has been a disaster from day one and I can't see it turning around. 

Would you like it better if they stuck to their guns and kept that DRM nonsense?

I don't care what they do cause I'm never buying a console from them. It would be better to not come up with stupid stuff that you have to change later.

One of my best decisions I've made in gaming is switching to PlayStation. One PS+ membership per house. Unlike Xbox it's per person. The kid loves getting all the free games on the PS3.

I still think Microsoft should have gone in for the #FaZe5 challenge, 180's to 360's all over the shop!

The amount of people that are now pissed off because of this is priceless, they get sold a console for mega bucks, whilst being told you need kinect. Now they're like ooooh nooooes, actually because we're so nice (tranlates: because we're loosing big time against Sony) we're going to sell a console with weaker hardware for equal price but with nothing set itself apart. Great work!  :lol: