i'm looking forward even more to an upcoming episode i read about that flashes back to Alfred's relationship with the Waynes, because that actor/character has been criminally underused so far in the series.  i'm guessing they're going to make him an ex-military badass, Earth One-style.

One question that keeps popping up for me about Alfred is why he's being so harsh and basically a dick to Bruce.

Grabbing Bruce violently and almost hitting him. Getting pissed the rooms a mess, stomping over to the window, opening the curtains violently then threatening to burn what Bruce is working on. And a lot in the way he talks to Bruce in general.

Maybe its something in the story that will be addressed in the flashbacks you're talking about? Maybe hes been taking being upset about the Waynes murders out on Bruce and it will be put to bed using back story? Pretty used to Alfred being kind hearted toward Bruce. This guy has ME on edge when he walks into a scene. I do like how Bruce pays it no mind though. :D

Last episode was good. :)

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

kid Batman is winning me over.  when he used the word, "totem" to describe the serial killer's persona i got a nerd chill.  obviously since he's still a boy the show can't exactly focus on the physicality of his character, but i think they're doing a good job of developing his mind.

also, i thought the scene with Oswald and his mother offered a future glimpse at the crime boss he'll become -- his body language and tone were completely different with her compared to how he presents himself to figures of authority.  the show definitely has its corny and formulaic moments, but i do appreciate the attention to certain details so far.

So finally caught up with all 7 episodes and I love it! Being a tad fanboyish towards the Batman universe, I'm loving seeing little nods and meeting the characters before they become the characters.......if that makes sense haha

Talking on the Alfred comment, I think maybe he's giving him tough love. He was gentle enough at the start but I think he knows enough now that he has to toughen Bruce up seeing as he's the last living member.

He's the one who has to take over the company eventually and he won't be able to do that with a sensitive soul after the crime families have got their mitts into it.

8mSoOel.png