Ghosts is next-gen's best selling game

L_C_Scipio

At the risk of being labled a fanboy, I thought this was interesting enough to bring up:

http://ign.com/articles/2014/05/15/playstation-4-titanfall-top-aprils-sales-charts

Ghosts was the second best selling game in April...and it sold the best on Xbox 360. So lack of options definitely isn't the case for that.

I'm just trying to make sense of the low number of players, poor reviews (on here at least), yet good sales five months after release.

2nd best selling in the USA. The global picture is a bit different

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41756/Global/

Also people who have 360s tend to be americans and for the most part younger so I would say it's young people jumping on the CoD bandwagon.

If you look at those global sales number both the X360 and PS3 have sold close to 8M copies, however I usually can find about 40K people in the playlist.

I also noticed that gamestop and some other stores around here (in Canada) are bundling Ghost with the purchase of a console so I wonder if that could part of it. 

Ghosts is pretty cheap now particularly on the 360 and if the count is SKU-based; that includes pre-owned copies sold too. April's lineup of games wasn't exactly riveting either.

Sales aren't going to improve the game though. Justin Bieber sells millions of songs a month but that doesn't mean his music is good. The Call of Duty brand is driven by the fanbase and I agree with Cyber that a lot of younger people are probably coming of acceptable age and joining the franchise where before; their parents may have deemed it inappropriate. Anyone over 18 who has read the reviews and has a brain cell would avoid Ghosts like the plague.

The player counts online are very low though now on a consistent basis. 29,000 AWOL on PC of a weekly average and by the sounds of it; there is a massive whole on the next gen and old gen also. I think many hardened fans gave up long ago who didn't enjoy it and now the remaining gamers and influx are probably people satisfied or jumping on the bandwagon late in the day down to a bundle deal or getting a cheap copy.