So I want to start playing again but...

Harrison

It'll cost me about £40 to do so. 

I haven't played in a while up until 2 months ago I started playing for a bit again but got quite bored with leveling up from 1. My account has all expansions up to Cataclysm but I was wondering if it was worth me buying MoP and WoD and getting the free level 90 so I can experience what WoW is really about. The only thing is is that I won't have any gold, I could transfer my old char over but that costs £35 altogether and I don't think thats worth it.

This post made barely any sense.

To conclude,

Is Mists/Warlords worth it?

Absolutely. I had a year-odd year hiatus from the game and I just recently came back, and I'm loving it.

If When you do come back, make sure to come to Grim Batol as an ally. You can guild up with us.

Dunno about warlords but I'll be getting it anyway so whatevs.

I'll throw a bit of gold at you to get you started.

banlol.png

In regards to the storyline:

MOP is not worth it

Cata was decent, but honestly if they had done MoP before TBC, which was the original plan according to Metzer, it would have been better and flowed more properly

Honestly here, this is how the game should have been released:

Vanilla

MoP

WOTLK

Cata

TBC

I have no idea on how Warlords stacks up, but since its Warlords of Draenor, it should logically come after TBC.

Mechanics:

I hate the talent changes, they are shit

I hate the Class Changes, they are also shit.

I said a few years ago that they are dumbing down the game so that it can run with minimal maintenance as they work on the next big MMO, and the more they focus on PVP and Raiding, the more that comes true.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Sennex makes some good points but personally for me, I care very little about lore or stories. I come to the game to make gold and kill shit. The motives behind that are mostly irrelevant for me.

Yes the game has been dumbed down immensely but it also makes it much more casual. Viewing the game as it once was is just going to piss you off. Instead, view it as a game you can sit down and enjoy for a bit without having to read spread sheets and books of articles to suss out mechanics and stuff. Yes it's all still there but it's not as hard as it once was.

That said, I do miss some of that so will probably make a toon on that private server he mentioned so I can enjoy the less dumbede down aspects of the game too.

banlol.png

Yea, if all you are doing is focusing on making money and killing shit, then play the game

Its why I have another 45 days left on my account.  I just rolled a huntard, and I jack around. I don't use heirlooms anymore, I just PVP and derp it up for an hour or so every few days until they fix Battlefield.

Its a great time sink in that regard

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

If raiding is your thing, MoP is great for that, the heroic encounters were hard when they were current, but now not so much. The dumbing down in MoP and the continued dumbing down in Warlords makes me question whether or not I will be continuing to play myself.

As for gold making, between the blow up of the blogs for gold making "tips and tricks" and the prevalence of AH bots, running a servers AH is impossible now unless you camp the AH and post/cancel/repost all day. Even doing that all day, youll still come out behind the guys who camp 24/7 with bots.

I spend a couple of hours now and then camping, and make an absolute killing.

I agree however that it can get very frustrating. Blizzards refusal to do anything based on reports is the most annoying thing however, when it's so blatantly obvious.

banlol.png

I had that as well. Literally 5 mins on the horn had it fixxored.

I'm half-hearted about playing regardless to be honest. I find WoW to be a good time killer but I wouldn't say it's a very fun game to be honest. To San Andreas I go... cheers anyway.