Getting back in shape Part 2

Drifter

That's good Adam keep at it and you'll have 200 before you know it.

I upped the curling weight again today. Now doing 50 lb curls in sets of 10. It's funny how much heavier 50 lb curls feel then 45 lb curls even though it's only a 5 lb difference :blink: Feels good though.

thats epic man. dont stress too much about physical weight. if your losing fat and gaining muscle your weight will go up but you will still be achieving your goal

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

As someone who struggles with his own will power, I just love reading your threads. Weight loss, muscle gain, quitting smoking, I find it amazing.

Don't ever give up just because you fail at something the first (or 50th) time. The will power I have comes from determination to keep trying rather than some great will power to be able to quit the very first time. Meaning for example quitting smoking...I bet I "quit" at least 50-60 times till I finally managed to beat it for good. Same with the weight, even though I've lost around 140-150lbs total I tried to lose weight for probably 10 years till I finally managed to actually stick with it and make a lifestyle change. Same goes with how I quit drinking as well.

So in other words will power isn't just being able to quit something immediately right off the bat, it's just having the determination to keep trying again and again even after you fail. So if you're having trouble sticking to doing something in your own life, just keep trying, you eventually will overcome it.

Time for an update. As of today I have now lost 25.5lbs since getting back on the strict diet and working out. Total weight lose over the past 2 years now is about 140-150lbs total. Still doing lots of bicep and tricep workout routines. Took a measure again today for the first time in a month now and have gained another 1/4" on biceps, so now at exactly 16" biceps. Still doing curls with 50lbs but plan to up that again to 55lbs this weekend because I feel like my muscles are getting use to the 50lbs already as it is not as draining as it felt when I first bumped up to 50lbs.

Figured I'd share a few pics (wank bank for Diddums :wub::P )

Picture on the left is me about 4 years ago at 395/400lb range. Picture on the right was me summer of 2012 at about 245lbs, was pretty happy with that weight but was not happy with lack of muscle mass or tone in my arms or upper body  Cant see because of the shirt but biceps were 14.5" in that pic, as you can see my forearms were somewhat thin too.

rrxx.jpg

Then this pic from today after the morning workout. 260lbs, 16" biceps, and much more toned upper body now. Still have a ways to go but very happy with the change in my life that has taken place over the past 2-3 years now. Still working on building more strength in the upper body, and still want to drop a few more lbs, or even stay close to this weight but just trade fat for muscle per say, but currently I feel I am in better shape now at 42yrs old than I was at 22yrs old.

1ykf.jpg

Thanks Tommy. Feeling really good lately, it's funny how your body gets use to eating better. On Easter I had what was always my favorite meal, fried shrimp with ranch, broasted potatoes, butter garlic rolls and a brownie my sister made. Within an hour after eating I felt so damn sluggish and tired I could not believe how bad I felt. I guess since cutting out all the fats and empty calories my body just wasn't use to it anymore.

steve. with regards to fats there are two "camps" .one that advocates sugar (read:carbohydrates) as bad and the other that fats are bad.

fats are infact essential for daily bodily functions.hormones are made from saturated fats. your immune system needs fats.infact every cell in your body had a fat (lipid) membrane , which needs replenishing. there is a shit tonne of information out there, some good, some bad. I have yet to make up my mind.

what I have seen tho, is that going low fat or going low carb can work well for different people. problems arise when you mix fats and carbs, and thats when its easy to over eat. ( hence why we have such an obesity problem in the west, for our love of fatty sugar filled foods).

as you can plainly see, when you cut out fats for a while your body no longer is able to efficiently use them as an energy source.(hence you feeling awful after a big fatty meal)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Weighed this morning and now down 32lbs since I started back again. So that's about 135lbs total lost now. Also been starting to do some of the more simple yoga/stretching like we were talking about last month on here. Thinking about buying a mountain bike soon as well and using that as a means of exercise as well.

Update-

Have lost another 5lbs over the past 3 weeks. Now down 37lbs since back on the diet and total weight lose of 138lbs I believe? or right around there.

Bumped up the curling weight recently to 55lbs now. Quite a difference how much easier lifting more weight on the curling bar seems now than when I first started.

jal0.jpg

As of this mornings weigh in I'm 254lbs now, 145lbs total weight lost. I like the above picture as a comparison. The fly fishing vest on the left is one I just bought last week and is 2xl. The one on the right is the one I have used for the past 7 years and is a 5xl.

Today's weigh in is 252lbs. So 147lbs total lost now. Been feeling real good lately and getting closer and closer to my goal of about 220 which for my 6'5"-6'6" height I feel is about ideal for me. More than likely I will probably gain a few lbs while on vacation for the next 2 weeks, but long as I don't splurge too much I should be fine and back on track to my goal when I get back home.

hIFYFv.jpg

Just got back from 2 weeks fishing vacation yesterday. I figured I would gain a few lbs on vacation but with all the pre trip working out, biking and hiking on the trip and all I actually lost about another 5lbs while on vacation. I'm now down to 248lbs so that's 152lbs total weight loss now. Lightest I have been in close to twenty years now. Above pic is from Saturday, last day of the trip. I'll post tons more in a new topic as I get them resized.

Welcome back, hope you had a good trip.

Just wanted to say that earlier in this thread, I complained about my will power, in the past 5 weeks I'm down 10 pounds, from 12 stone 8 to 11 stone 12. That's the lightest I've been in 3 years.

This thread has a been a really good motivation for me!

Just wanted to say that earlier in this thread, I complained about my will power, in the past 5 weeks I'm down 10 pounds, from 12 stone 8 to 11 stone 12. That's the lightest I've been in 3 years.

This thread has a been a really good motivation for me!

That's awesome bud, I'm glad to hear it. Just keep a goal in mind and keep working towards it. Do you have a specific weight you want to get too?