The Walking Dead (Will Include Spoilers)

TigerBurge

most intense yep. Every scene is weighted. I love the haunting of Hershel. They are showing the mirror of morality to brutatlity; hershel vs rick. And can he come back from it or will Hershel's way totally be lost.  Hershel is even haunting the episode with his pocket watch permeating the situation. If you recall, watches have been a theme. Carol gave Rick her watch. Hershel to Glenn. Rick to those 2 hippy survivors.

Keep calm and question nothing.

Awesome episode!!

I saw the bones. It was real quick so if you blinked you could have missed it. Definitely looked like a human spine.

Also, didn't they think it was a little weird that they were using machine guns but yet couldn't hit them? And oh look, a letter A on every exit. That doesn't look suspicious. Other than that, I thought it was so good!!

So the only ones that haven't made it there yet are Carol and Tyreese. They must have something to do with getting them out. It's a shame we didn't get to find out what happened to Beth. But like the pictures above indicate, maybe someone ate her out.....literally!!!! :o

They missed on purpose so they could funnel them into the trap. Just like Rick was talking about the snare trap and how it funneled the animals in. So they have a pretty good set up. Draw people in from way out, make them follow the rails, right into the funnel trap and bam. Feed them a plate, make them comfortable, pounce. Now they are bait for the next group. There were the letter A pasted all over the doorways they were herded into. Sorta like a sign to help the snipers funnel them.

Kirkman on next season

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/03/31/the-walking-dead-creator-robert-kirkman-teases-season-five-and-beyond/

you messed with the wrong people

988426_10152312624363890_1205032931_n.jp

:) I was thinking it during the show and I just read a write up on it: Whats more offensive the suggested and creepily simulated butt rape of Carl on his belly or if Rick would have said fucking instead of screwing? It's odd what is ok for TV and what isn't.

It was a great episode. And am I crazy or was it way better shot than any episode this season? The camera angles and lighting are actually moody and well done. :o

I've missed Rick. It was nice to see him on form.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Good point on what can be shown. My question is, if Breaking Bad can say fuck once per season, why couldn't they use it? I'm guessing there is a difference between 'fuck' and 'fucking'

Did you see that guy that got ate who they couldn't save was from the comic too? I'm really happy that Scott Gimple is running the show because he puts as much as he can in from the comics while at the same time really developing further. For example the Marauders were developed a lot better than in the comic. It would have been even more dense if when Daryl met up with them, it was in the house with Rick and that Len dude that got the arrow to the eye, was the one getting beat when they woke up Rick. They already were playing the out of time sequence during the first part of the back half.

I really encourage everyone that enjoys the show to marathon the whole season because there are so many easter eggs planted along the way. "Look at the flowers, Lizzy" was said in episode 2 when Carol killed their Dad off cause he was bitten.  Also, you can really see the whole grand story/journey of Rick which was what the theme of the season was. Can the survivors come back to their humanity after the things they are forced to do to stay alive. And now we know the answer. Nope, no they can't. It was a big turn in the comics for Rick and its a big turn in the show.  We were getting frustrated with Farmer Rick, even Carol said so in episode 4 "You can be a farmer, you can't be JUST a farmer."

So Carol was forced to take up the slack for Rick, and of course she made poor decisions because of doing so and not having any experience; killing Karen and David for example.

Then Rick gets his ass handed to him by the Governor because he wasn't in the right frame of mind. He runs off with tail tucked between his legs to heal and new Savage Rick emerges from the cocoon.

Even though Carl was getting on our nerves, we now know he has Rick's back and he's also second guessing himself as being a monster and enjoying the killing.  That was a good piece of development. They ended the season on a high note, even though the situation is bleak.  That smirk on Rick's face directly from the Flashback to the same smile when he says "They're gonna feel pretty stupid once they find out..." was priceless.

Lastly, when it did that flashback before he said that, Carl's hat fell off and Rick put it on Beth's head saying "There's a new sheriff in town."  This is obviously foreshadowing that Beth will become something more perhaps even helping them get rescued. I have a feeling they are steering Beth onto Comic Book Andreas path. That would be awesome.

Good stuff.

Here is the rest of the Panel to Screen comparisons

In the comic (issue 57, Volume 10: What We Become), Rick, Abraham, and Carl take a side trip to Rick and Carl’s hometown to check for supplies at the police station and the check on Morgan and Duane. Their first night out, they’re held at gunpoint by a small group of men.
1Rick-in-Trouble-compare-small.jpg

When Carl is endangered, Rick fights back, but ends up in a bear hug, his arms trapped at his sides.
2Rick-Fights-Back-compare-small.jpg

Rick goes full savage, ripping Joe’s throat out like a walker.
3Rick-Bites-compare.jpg

With just Carl’s attempted rapist left, Rick insists on killing him himself, and it’s not pleasant.
4Rick-Kills-compare-small.jpg

You can see that in the show, Rick’s actions are almost identical. Granted, this time it’s “The Claimers” (as the fans have been calling Daryl’s group) and not some nameless bandits. Also, it’s Michonne who Rick is with, not Abraham (whom he has yet to meet).

It changes Rick in both cases, but in the comic, Abraham is the one who ends up confessing a troubled history of his own ruthlessness. In the show, Rick confesses his fears about his humanity to an understanding Daryl. In both cases, Carl listens in.

The last big thing that we’re able to show you is the very end of the show, which hopefully was VERY familiar to comic readers, even if the setting and situation isn’t exactly the same. This is from the final panel of issue 64 from Volume 11: Fear the Hunters.
5Final-lines-compare-small.jpg

^ Superb post. :) I thought it was a matter of time before they hit a stride with writing, applying funds to the best of their ability and being able to satisfy fans in the process. O and I agree with the journey of Rick in this season but it has to be said he really didn't grow a pair until he found his hatchet. Him and it are like PB&J. Fabulous, secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic hatchet and said... I have the power! :lol: Yes I just compared Rick to He-Man. :ph34r:

On the use of Fuck vs. Fucking it reminds me of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZBMH3VOfI

It's PG13 with fucking.

Maybe its what context its used in or I think I've read that there is a formula for whats acceptable on TV. Like a scale that has to be balanced in the opinion of the screener, so if you have X amount of gruesome deaths you can't show a tittie <or> if you show a tittie you can't say shit 3 times. It's dumb, especially on this show, not to have vulgar language. Carl's cursed more than anyone. :lol:

Still has me wondering why they skirted around Michonne being brutally raped but had to include a cut where a kid is being grinded on?

lol "By the power of Grey Beard!" (Hershel)

I read an interview with Kirkman where he said they could only show the human on human violence so much, (but put some make up on someone and just do whatever you like.)  So they could only show Rick biting into his neck for so many seconds, etc., but they said they went as far to the edge as they could. 

By plotting out the seasons in the manner Scott Gimple has, they are able to plant all those easter eggs.  And he even said the show reinvents itself every 8 episodes. So, while it didn't exactly do that from season 3a to 3b, now that he is running the show, I think we can expect that.  So extrapolating, I predict that the Terminus storyline will run during season 5a, they will hit the road to Alexandria/DC in 5b, then they can leave a teaser for Negan in Season 6. I'm looking forward to seeing who will play him but there is still more story to tell before we get there.

They heavily alluded to Terminus being cannibals. 

1. The Pile of bones.

2. When Michonne asked Alex, the guy with Hershel's watch, "Why do you let people in?" , he said the following  "When people become a part of us, we get stronger"

3. The trap they set is what a Hunter would do leaving a Snare trap.

4. They're fucking with the wrong people - is what Rick said about the Hunters.

Also interesting of note is the guy that played Gareth was promoted to series regular.

Easter Egg

In episode 3x12 Clear - on the way to get the guns, where Morgan shows up, this guy asks for help, on the way back, he's dead and they grab his back pack.  Then it shows back up in Terminus.  I looked at the end of 4x15 and its Glenn who was wearing it when they arrived at Terminus. I love these little touches they do, it really adds to the replay value and makes the show really dense.

easter%2520eggs.jpg

Coverage Round up - lots of good reading here about the finale and what's to come next season

Episode 416 Post-Mortem interview with Robert Kirkman from TheWalkingDead.com

Interview with Robert Kirkman & Scott Gimple over at the Hollywood Reporter

Robert Kirkman talks Season 5 and beyond with Entertainment Weekly

Season 5 Spoilers from Robert Kirkman & Scott Gimple on TV Guide

Post-Mortem with Robert Kirkman over at TV Line

The Walking Dead Postmortem: Are the People of Terminus Cannibals?

I just thought of something. I was rewatching the Rick arc, which spans episodes 4x9, 4x11, 4x15, 4x16.

In 4x9, Rick and Carl go to Joe and Joe's Barb-Q shack. I wonder if that is the same Joe from the Marauders gang? Remember the note, please do what I couldn't ~ JOe.

lmao "up your nose with a rubber hose" - classic

My favorite Negan situation was when he took Carl on the tour. Carl is a badass in the comic towards the end. Hopefully Chandler riggs gets tougher. Still waiting for them balls to drop and get that man voice, lol

hahahah! I'm just saying. He can play a good bad guy. He looks like him too.

Yeah.....

I'll leave now.

:lol:

I agree. He could probably pull it off. But it would feel like a parody and not fit the tone, I think. Pretty funny choice though.

I thought he was joking. ^_^

I just Travoltified some TWD names.

Rick Grimes = Reiss Greez

Daryl Dixon = Dougal Dizzon

:lol: