The Walking Dead (Will Include Spoilers)

TigerBurge

So the last episode was terribly hard to watch. Heart breaking. I know a lot of people didn't like Beth and she really didn't contribute to the story a lot... Still, I think she could have stayed longer. I wanted to see her and Maggie/Daryl reunite with each other before she went. This just didn't feel right.

Damn these onions...

R.I.P. Beth

So the last episode was terribly hard to watch. Heart breaking. I know a lot of people didn't like Beth and she really didn't contribute to the story a lot... Still, I think she could have stayed longer. I wanted to see her and Maggie/Daryl reunite with each other before she went. This just didn't feel right.

Damn these onions...

R.I.P. Beth

I loved Beth. She was sort of the last innocent thing left in my eyes. Sad to see her go. Sort of saw it coming but I was still shocked as all hell when it went down.

The worst part though.. seeing Maggie's reaction when she sees Daryl carrying Beth out. That was as close as I've been to crying while watching something. Very tear jerking.

Can't wait to see the next half of the season and whether or not Maggie closes up or if it makes her stronger.

I loved Beth. She was sort of the last innocent thing left in my eyes. Sad to see her go. Sort of saw it coming but I was still shocked as all hell when it went down.

The worst part though.. seeing Maggie's reaction when she sees Daryl carrying Beth out. That was as close as I've been to crying while watching something. Very tear jerking.

Can't wait to see the next half of the season and whether or not Maggie closes up or if it makes her stronger.

I agree, she was just this good girl trying to help everyone.

Daryl and Maggie's reactions were both really painful to watch.

I wonder what will happen to Daryl, he must feel so much guilt... Especially after this

SzuJmug.gif

Also, some good input on how the scene was filmed and nothing in it makes sense...

http://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingdead/comments/2ny58v/one_thing_seriously_bothers_me_about_last_nights/

Also, some good input on how the scene was filmed and nothing in it makes sense...

Quoted from Reddit

Can we talk about the poor as shit excuse for Beth's death? There are two reasons as to why it was bullshit. The first is poor writing and the second is a camera/continuity goof.

Did Dawn really have that shitty of a trigger discipline that the immediate reaction was to ACCIDENTALLY pull the trigger? Because in the slow-motion scene that occurs immediately after that, she says "no, I didn't mean to -" while shaking her head, which, to me, sounds like somebody fucked up and it wasn't Dawn.

Cops, no matter how shitty, all know about guns. Trigger discipline is a real thing. If you are holding a gun and you unwittingly step on a nail long enough to pierce through your boot, lodge itself inside your foot (somewhat akin to being stabbed with a pair of scissors) and your reaction is to accidentally pull the trigger, you've fucked up on your trigger discipline. Trigger discipline is something that is drilled into you from the very beginning. It's a habit. Something you would do even if you were half asleep.

The only way for Dawn to have actually accidentally killed Beth in that way, is if Dawn was already meaning to kill someone in that hallway, which is why she would even remotely have her finger on the trigger.

Now, lets get past all that:

Pay attention to Dawn the ENTIRE scene. Her pistol is holstered. Beth approaches from her left after hugging Noah, Dawn's gun is on her right hip. Even while Beth is approaching, this is the camera shot, with Dawn's pistol still fully holstered. [1] Now, even as Beth says "I get it now", she's still standing a bit to Dawn's left. When she moves in closer, she steps right in front of Dawn, lining up. Look at where Daryl is when Beth stabs Dawn. [2]

For Dawn to somehow have her pistol, in her RIGHT hand in the five seconds it took for Beth to say "I get it now" and move in for the stabbing:

First, Daryl would have spotted it and said something.

If not that, Dawn's crew, who no longer wanted Dawn to run things, would have said something.

If not even that, Dawn would have to be some kind of magician to unsnap the holster and draw with her right hand, from her right hip and still have the gun upright in a position to fire.

http://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingdead/comments/2ny58v/one_thing_seriously_bothers_me_about_last_nights/

Meh.

No one important dies(lame), although I guess the two that did now allow Rick to be in charge again. That'll be cool. Because that always works out.

Convenient backpack is left behind to move that plot point ahead, ugh.

Glenn may be bit. We just don't know and I hope he is. Not that I dislike him, but we need a good shake up. I am glad he is taking that guy in instead of shooting him(looks that way).

Morgan seems to be all zen. Let's see what he says as his first impression is shooting a man in the face right after we hear him say that all life is precious.

The priest. Just kill him already. Only causing problems.

Overall, this finale did not go down well for me. It was all things that could have happened before the finale. The only reason I think it was even considered a finale is because it was and extra half hour long.

They say next season will be more focused on non-human threats and they are working on new things. I'll give the show one more season before deciding to continue watching or not.

Also, that companion/spinoff looks promising. Only 6 episodes and this summer. Will definetely give it a watch.