The Walking Dead (Will Include Spoilers)

TigerBurge

@cal - You're welcome.

walking_dead_tank-570x374.jpg

What’s The Governor up to? When last we saw him, he was standing in a ditch, clutching a young child to his chest, staring up at Martinez, a one-time friend turned possible foe. But we also know the Governor will survive his current predicament long enough to stand outside the Prison walls in presenticon1.png times — although his true purposes remain unknown.

A new photo from AMC’s The Walking Dead released by MTV News sheds some further light on The Governor’s plans. The photo, seen above, features Philip Blake Brian Heriot sitting on a bench, downtrodden as usual, positioned no more than three or four feet away from a massive tank tread. That image alone should speak a thousand words for readers of the Walking Dead comics: In the source material, The Governor reenters Rick Grimes’ life in very dramatic fashion, thanks at least in part to a tank.

Is it a sign that the coming episodesicon1.png of The Walking Dead will mirror the “Made to Suffer” arc from the comics? If so, an already bloody season is about to get a whole lot bloodier.

The Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on AMC.

Keep calm and question nothing.

I agree. I hope those that complained about no tank are happy now. B)

I think he'll ruin it for them to stay at the prison, and just like I said, by mid-season finale, they will be on the road again.

Yeah accept how it got there and the impossibility of Kirk Acevedo driving it for any length of time with diesel being hard to find and it burning 1-2 MPG. I was like "there it is mother fucker!"... "O what a poor back story ice cream truck man." Thanks writers of AMC's TWD. You fucking SUCK!

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

haha, I was thinking the same thing, no way he could drive that across country.

Literally no way. Bridge weight limitations, blocked roads, etc... The show is a fucking joke. I hope another zombie show comes out, boots TWD in it's anus and knocks it off the rickety pedestal its made for itself.

Why in the fuck did they give the tank a back story when we already know the Governor and his troops went out with malice to kill and steal everything? Why have a scene where Woodberryins kill military personnel and take their vehicles & weapons if you're going to give an inanimate object a terribly constructed origin? The more I watch the more I hate everyone involved in running this wonderful story into the dirt.

I agree. I hope those that complained about no tank are happy now. B)

I think he'll ruin it for them to stay at the prison, and just like I said, by mid-season finale, they will be on the road again.

I'm actually not happy. Sure it will be good to have them back on the road, but goddamnit this is gonna turn into Game of Thrones now... I have a bad feeling a LOT of main characters will die.

Yeah accept how it got there and the impossibility of Kirk Acevedo driving it for any length of time with diesel being hard to find and it burning 1-2 MPG. I was like "there it is mother fucker!"... "O what a poor back story ice cream truck man." Thanks writers of AMC's TWD. You fucking SUCK!

If you can accept that reanimated zombies can continue to function even after their muscular tissue has rotted away, the same tissue that allows for locomotion, I think you can suspend disbelief about the tank.

someone is dying next episode, probably Hershel. I don't know why but I keep thinking that. Probably cause he's my favorite.

I think he's too important to die. I'd be surprised if he was even involved in the fight, he'll probably be with the women and children or treating the wounded. 

One of the new people will probably die. The big black guy looks like he'll do something stupid & get himself killed.

Fun fact: When a male honey bee climaxes during sex, his testicles explode and he dies.

episode comment

I think he's too important to die. I'd be surprised if he was even involved in the fight, he'll probably be with the women and children or treating the wounded. 

One of the new people will probably die. The big black guy looks like he'll do something stupid & get himself killed.

Told you.

episode comment

Told you.

episode comment

Told you.

Damnit. :(

But that episode was amazing. I've been in love with the Governor for the last season and a half, but 5 minutes after he showed up at the prison i was rooting for someone to kill him. Well it's all uphill now! Most of the best episodes were when the group was on the move, and most of the worst were when they were staying in the once place. 

Fun fact: When a male honey bee climaxes during sex, his testicles explode and he dies.

I agree, remember when it was dragging at the farm?  I knew they would be gone from the prison by midseason finale, and that's just right really.  Even these past 8 episodes didn't feel like the prison was a character as much as it was in season 3.

They should look for a mall. lol (day of the dead style)

It was a great episode. I enjoyed when Michonne saved Rick, after the worst fight scene I've ever watched, got her revenge and then just left him there like a quick death was too good for him. And I do like how the story is being push forward faster now. Excited to see where the show takes the story.

Also I'd like to know where the gunner come from? Operators and gunners have different jobs right? Could Acevedo's character be able to train a random to load and fire the tank? Not sure what type of systems are in an M60 to get it to fire but I'm sure it takes some learning and practice to load aim and fire a tank when someone else is driving.

It was a great episode. I enjoyed when Michonne saved Rick, after the worst fight scene I've ever watched, got her revenge and then just left him there like a quick death was too good for him. And I do like how the story is being push forward faster now. Excited to see where the show takes the story.

Also I'd like to know where the gunner come from? Operators and gunners have different jobs right? Could Acevedo's character be able to train a random to load and fire the tank? Not sure what type of systems are in an M60 to get it to fire but I'm sure it takes some learning and practice to load aim and fire a tank when someone else is driving.

I'm not 100% convinced the Governor is dead. You saw the woman who lost her daughter with a gun in her hand and then you heard a shot. But you never saw him die... Also, hasn't it been a couple of years since the outbreak? I'm sure someone can learn how to load and fire a tank in that time.

Also, hasn't it been a couple of years since the outbreak? I'm sure someone can learn how to load and fire a tank in that time.

I don't think so but it is a fiction.

PREPARE TO FIRE CHECKLIST M 60 TANKS

PREPARE TO FIRE CHECKLIST M 60 TANKS

AE GTA 17-010

TANK COMDR: Command: PREPARE TO FIRE.

Clean exterior lens and vision devices on turret.

GUNNER: Observe loader's action in checking replenisher indicator tape. Clean and inspect periscope and telescope (interior). Install bat-teries and check instruments lights and rheostats for properoperation.

DRIVER: Clean periscopes, lower seat, close hatch, and turn on masterswitch

LOADER: Check recoil oil by feeling indicator tape, open breech; inspecttube and chamber for obstructions and cleanliness. Check coaxialmachine gun mount. Inspect all turret-stowed ammunition forcompleteness of stowage, type, and serviceability. Check breech-block crank stop to insure it is in the rearward position

TANK COMDR: Command: CHECK FIRING SWITCHES.

Check firing trigger on power control handle when main gunswitch is ON and again when coaxial machine gun switch is ON.

GUNNER: Turn main gun switch on. Check firing triggers on power controlhandle and trigger on manual elevation control handle. Turn maingun switch to OFF position. Actuate handle of manual firing de-vice. NOTE: Each time the handle is actuated the circuit testerlight should come on. While actuating the handle announce FIRE.Turn main gun switch off, then turn coaxial machine gun switch.Check firing triggers on power control handle. Check firing trig-gers on.power control handle. Check firing trigger on manualelevation control handle. Turn off coaxial machine gun switch.

DRIVER: Start engine.

LOADER: Turn safety to OFF. Position circuit tester between breech ringand breech block. Turn safety to FIRE position. During check oftriggers and firing button with main gun switch on, observe forlighting of bulb in circuit tester. Light should be illuminated whengunner announces FIRE. If the light falls to illuminate announceNO FIRE. Close the cover, cock the coaxial machine gun, andlisten for the action of the barrel and barrel extension goingforward during firing trigger checks. Recock coaxial machine gunafter each check.AG (1) l1-64.4M-100592 (L)

TANK COMDR: Command: CHECK GUN CONTROLS.

Check power control handle for power elevation and powertraverse. Check magnetic brake.

GUNNER: Check oil in turret power control system. Check manual traverseto ensure free movement of turret. Insure that handle is returnedto a latched position. Check manual elevation. Turn turret motorswitch on. Check power control handle for power elevation andpower traverse. Check magnetic brake. Re-check oil in turretcontrol system. Check azimuth indicator for accuracy. Check turretring for obstructions. Check elevating cylinder for leaks. Manuallytraverse turret a complete rotation, stopping to permit loader tocheck ammunition in hull stowage. Coordinate with crew mem-bers. Place turret in power and check azimuth indicator for slip-page. Turn off turret motor switch. Check for leaks.

LOADER: Check for obstruction to traverse. Unlock turret. Check hull-stowedammunition for completeness of stowage and serviceability; co-ordinate with gunner while checking ammunition. NOTE: Traversemanually for safety reasons.

TANK COMDR: Command: CHECK FIRE CONTROL.

Check and adjust head space and timing on cal. .50 machine gun(This check does not apply on tanks equipped with the M85, cal.50 machine gun). Turn on cupola power switch. Check operationof cal .50 machine gun mount and controls. Index various rangeson range finder. Calibrate and boresight range finder and applyestablished zero. NOTE: If an established zero has not been de-termined, apply the emergency zero. Set unit battlesight on rangefinder. Boresight the cal .50 machine gun on tanks equipped withthe M85 machine gun. Half-load the cal .50 machine gun.

GUNNER: Set range correction knob to reflect the number of rounds fired.Check manual operation of computer to ensure there is no bindin computer or linkage. Push RESET button on computer. Observeto see that pointers on computer synchronize at various indexedranges. Index various types of ammunition and check for syn-chronization of pointers each time ammunition selector handle isreleased. Boresight periscope and telescope and apply estab-lished zero to these sights. NOTE: If an established zero hasnot been determined, apply the emergency zero. index ammuni-tion on computer for unit battlesight.

LOADER: Assist tank commander in adjusting head space on cal .50 ma-chine gun (This check does not apply on tanks equipped with theM85 cal .50 machine gun). Boresight coaxial machine gun andassist in boresighting main gun. Open breech of main gun; returnoperating handle to latched position. Load the coaxial machinegun.

TANK COMDR Command: REPORT

GUNNER Report: GUNNER READY

DRIVER Report: DRIVER READY

LOADER Report: LOADER READY

My suspension of disbelief goes out the window more over how fast the Governor brainwashed all those people to attack the prison.  Sure, he lied and all that but once they started talking to them and Rick invited them all in, they would have changed their mind about getting murderous.  And that tank guy was a stupid, one dimensional character.  Yeah, let's just bust the fence down and ruin it for everyone, you dumbass.

I'm not 100% convinced the Governor is dead. You saw the woman who lost her daughter with a gun in her hand and then you heard a shot. But you never saw him die... Also, hasn't it been a couple of years since the outbreak? I'm sure someone can learn how to load and fire a tank in that time.

He was choking on his own blood, if he's not dead, then the writers are complete idiots. I think it was risky enough having the governor and prison arc last more than one season, but to bring him back AGAIN? That'd be stupid.

But THAT is a mid-season finale! It's actually the highest rated episode of TWD on imdb as of now, holding a 9.6 rating. I was happy to see them throw in a lot of comic events in there. I'm really looking forward Season 4b. From what i've heard, the next episode is centered on Carl, which should be cool.

I feel like more of the group should have died in the fight though. 

I think Beth, Bob, and at least Tara should have also died.

And I'm pretty sure either Michonne or those girls picked Judith up before they left. But other than that, it was a fantastic episode. The fight between the Governor and Rick was awesome, and I was just really impressed with it. It felt like the first 4 episodes were just fillers, and were pretty boring.