C4, love it or hate it

Dr Diamond

I cant make up my mind about c4. I cant decide if your a wanker for using it or not.

Love it :

- you have to actually get up close to a tank to hit it, with risk of being run over, shot by the gunner, main tank cannon, or other enemies.

- you have to get two planted, and get to a safe distance unless you want to also die

Hate it :

- its a bit ridiculous giving support and recon, the ability to destroy a tank so easily.

- engineers which are a dedicated anti vehicle class have a harder time to destroy tanks, okay you have mines but the vehicle has to move, and sometimes they dont detonate properly

- vehicles in this game get stuck on shit so easily. when i die from c4 its because my tank has tried to go over a sandcastle, and has got stuck. BOOM. some recon has been sat in  a bush.

- proximity scan is not a permenant upgrade. without active protection or reactive amour, you are at a disadvantage against other tanks. sure, prox scan lets you know someone is coming, but you quite often cant do fuck all about it, considering tank turrents dont turn as quick anymore, as well as the getting stuck on stuff thing

what do you guys think ?

my biggest bug bear with it, is that some bellend recon can camp away the whole game on a certain flag. you rock up with a tank and no gunner, and unless its a wide open space, the recon has a good chance of taking you out. if you want to take out tanks, you should have a squadmate spawn in as engineer, not have the ability to snipe, spawn in where you want, laser designate targets, detonate and spot enemy equipment and infantry, AND be able to take out any vehicle that gets close to you

/engages flame shield

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

yeah i feel dirty every time i get a tank kill with it (infantry is fair game)

i kind want to message who i just killed and say " sorry bro"

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

I don't understand the whole "only (insert derogatory term here) use (insert item here)". If it's in the game, use it.

IMO it's difficult enough to sneak up on a vehicle, plant C4, and get away to balance it out. I like the fact that more classes have anti-vehicle capabilites as it makes them more viable choices in Conquest or other vehicle maps.

claymores are the same way

I don't remember there being any overlap between Engi's and Bandage's

Is there one that I am forgetting?

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

claymores are the same way

I don't remember there being any overlap between Engi's and Bandage's

Is there one that I am forgetting?

I agree with claymores too. Why not make it available for all classes? Might as well. 90% of my team are snipers anyway

I haven't used C4 that much in this game but loved using it in BF3. They seemed to have cheapened it by giving it to Recon's. That was mainly to appease the whinny kids than anything imo.

As for what Adam said about rolling up to a flag in a tank without a gunner, you're asking for trouble doing that, but sometimes it is hard to find one, so undertsand your annoyance.

Yes C4 can be fun, but it has lost it's appeal with me a little in this game.

I haven't used C4 that much in this game but loved using it in BF3. They seemed to have cheapened it by giving it to Recon's. That was mainly to appease the whinny kids than anything imo.

As for what Adam said about rolling up to a flag in a tank without a gunner, you're asking for trouble doing that, but sometimes it is hard to find one, so undertsand your annoyance.

Yes C4 can be fun, but it has lost it's appeal with me a little in this game.

I actually feel that C4 allows Recon to play more aggressively. People always complain that Recons don't play the objective. With C4, you have an anti-vehicle solution so you can have a better chance of taking or defending objectives.

I actually feel that C4 allows Recon to play more aggressively. People always complain that Recons don't play the objective. With C4, you have an anti-vehicle solution so you can have a better chance of taking or defending objectives.

That and the fact you can use carbines means I will at least sometime use the recon class.

If a Pussy assed Recon sat back and did nothing but move his spawn beacon around to each flag, and spotted/ locked onto targets, I would be happy with them.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."