World Building/ Creative Writing

Lurchzy

So far, I haven't got much but I've been working mainly on the core foundations of Þē Kiŋdəm əv Pātrēə (The Kingdom of Pātria).

Hous Ôrəjən
Diləjəns & Pərsəˈvirəns Prəˈvāl

House Ôrəjən is made up of King Brāv, Queen Loiəl, Princes Käl'm, Þriftē, Dəˈvout and Princesses Käɡnəzənt and Dəˈmər. The House sigil is a Stag.

Kiŋ Brāv Ôrəjən

Kwēn Loiəl Ôrəjən

Prins Käl'm Brāvsən

Prins Þriftē Brāvsən

Prinsəs Käɡnəzənt Loiəldôdər

Prins Dəˈvout Brāvsən

Prinsəs Dəˈmər Loiəldôdər

Þē Roiəl Fôrəm

The Royal Forum is the King's Courtiers Marshal, Steward, Chancellor, Archmeister and Oracle.

Märʃəl

Styo͞oərd

Tʃ⁠ansələr

Ärtʃməistər

Ôrəkəl

Þē Sentrəm

The Kingdom of Pātrēə is made up of 5 dukedoms each represented by a member of the Roiəl Fôrəm.

Dōˈmānterə
Nôrþterə
Ēstterə
Lōterə
Nirterə

Tuterra.thumb.jpg.0fbff0c1e04ca357b0a410256c85fcc3.jpg

The original concept map I made before changing the naming system. As you can see each Dukedom has their own unique purpose.

Dōˈmānterə

(Domina) Þē Roiəl Fôrəm (Site of Council, Triumphal Processions, Criminal Trials, and Gladiatorial Matches), Royal Bank of Pātria, Domina Sanctuary, The Great Library of Domina, Stationed Royal Guard, Kiŋ Brāv Ôrəjən’s Main Residence.

Nôrþterə

(Praedia) Stationed Royal Army

Ēstterə

(Navia) Stationed Royal Navy, Trade Ports

Lōterə

(Udona) Orcades, Farmland

Nirterə

(Mersatura) Limestone Mine, Farmland

Named Places

The Ribbon of Ambriel Ambriel being a famous knight that defended the lands of Domina by fortifying in a passage between the mountains. Hence the trench between Domina and Mersatura now being called the Ribbon of Ambriel. (Looks like a ribbon)

The Centrum The ring of territory said to be the centre of the world. Anything outside of the Centrum is known as Counterland/Counterlands/Counterlanders.

Reachlanders People Sailing out from the Centrum.

Counterlanders People coming from outside the Centrum.

The Great Refugee The foundations of Pātria.

The Reachlandian Step Cliff edge in Mersatura between land and sea (where people go to leave the Centrum).

Failure of the Oracles Misreading’s of the future of Tūterra (as told by the King and Archmeister).

The Oracle Head of the Druidic faith (Faith of the People) believes in the Knot / (Toad) Family / Visionaries.

Resides at the Great Library (State name for the Oracies) in Udona near the Ceremonial Mounds of the Dormant God.

Believes in the Mother (The Dormant God of Ending) and Father (The Dormant God of Beginning), and their three children (Demi-gods) and the undefinable will of the Gods.

The Pantheon Church's religion, head of the faith being the Archmeister (Faith of the State).

Pantheism Sanctuary (Cathedral), Sanctums (Church).

Quintists Believe in 5 Gods equally.

I have done in the past, I used to be quite a big fan of fantasy novels and such, I have quite a few series of books and though we are trying to get rid of stuff out of the house I can't bare to part with them ^_^

That enjoyment of them has led me to writing up ideas if you like for my own fantasy novels, that has included world building, character creation and such. It tend's to be that when I write (or type) something the words tend to flow, even now when I type this I don't really know what I am going to write until I do it! But yeah it was always the way when I used to write in that I never sat down and came up with ideas in the sense, ah I want 7 houses and they are at war and there are these alliances, I would write like I was following a group i.e. akin to the lord of the rings stories or the Eragon books so I would be creating and experiencing the adventure / world as a someone wholly new to it would experience it. Whether that translates to good creative writing or not I have no idea!

I think my issue with keeping it going and actually creating a full length novel has always been time and that has only become much more reduced with little un's. It is one of those things I have always wanted to do is release a novel, I know Elliot's book is an entirely different category but I do have some respect to him for making it happen. I have never really had the confidence to go out and explore how to make something like that happen.

That said James, if you are starting to get into it now, I know DnD dungeon masters benefit from creative writing in that being able to come up with their own scenarios and such, hint hint 😉 

Luseth.png

14 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Sorry I missed the map, how did you go about making this? Do you draw anyway? (It's really quite cool 🙂

I made a few sketches and then used a website called Inkarnate. Really useful.