NFTs

Lurchzy

Not promising however considering the governments plans to roll out a digital currency in the near future. System infrastructure already being put in place. No doubt a link with some sort of credit system similar to ones in China.

Lurch you remind me of myself when I started my crypto adventure. I used to work nights so I had a little PC at work which I'd set up every time a new coin launched and get on the mining pool the moment it went live. The dreams were wealth, happiness and a hobby I could genuinely enjoy. I soon realised it was a load of absolute bollocks owned by people in private Discord servers manipulating markets so they make some wedge at the cost of the outsiders like myself. I must've spent a good 6 months chasing this dream and had wallets full of every coin under the sun and none of the were worth anything. It was the peak of the crypto rush, and I was balls deep in it. If only I had today's wisdom then.

As for NFTs, I've been following the scene quite closely as it still interests me, and I can genuinely say that they offer absolutely fuck all in terms of functionality. Like, nothing. Zip. Nada. It's a fake economy built for people to manipulate for their own good will at the cost of everyone else, just like crypto. 

Hope you didn't spend too much on it, keep what you have as a memento of the interesting times you had and the lessons you learned, and forget about it. I never bought one as I could never see the point of owning a little bit of code on a make-up blockchain which means fuck all to me and even less to anyone else.

banlol.png

On 9/21/2023 at 6:32 PM, Lurchzy said:

No doubt a link with some sort of credit system similar to ones in China.

Having something like this in the free western world would be pure dystopian hell. Digital currency is already a big part of the world but that is always based on real hard currency which is still tangible and exchangeable plus it's accepted in almost every single domain. Nothing with change in that respect and governments wouldn't endorse things like NFT's as recognised currency because digital serials of pictures and other tat don't pay bills. It will always remain as underground money that is only garnered from the exchange of what was recognised currency anyway.