The Backbone One - Playstation Edition

Macca89

Not sure how long this has been out however it has been announced for Android now to aswel as IOS.

Personally...I think this is a great bit of kit and might be worth the investment.

What you guys think? 

Screenshot_20230523-172139.png

1 hour ago, Macca89 said:

Not sure how long this has been out however it has been announced for Android now to aswel as IOS.

Personally...I think this is a great bit of kit and might be worth the investment.

What you guys think? 

Screenshot_20230523-172139.png

I think it would depend on the price for me really. There are quite a few accessories similar to this one already. Does it offer anything new?

I wonder why Sony have decided to invest in in something like this?

On 5/23/2023 at 6:53 PM, Lurchzy said:

I wonder why Sony have decided to invest in in something like this?

Its their attempt to go near the cloud market. I say near because its super early and theres plenty of alternatives that do just the same tbh. Their selling point will have to be the actual haptic features that thier controller has above all others atm. Problem I have is that most mobile games are just not worth it imo still, and the ones that are, usually are card or strategic games that don't need a backbone controller to play them.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

33 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Its their attempt to go near the cloud market. I say near because its super early and theres plenty of alternatives that do just the same tbh. Their selling point will have to be the actual haptic features that thier controller has above all others atm. Problem I have is that most mobile games are just not worth it imo still, and the ones that are, usually are card or strategic games that don't need a backbone controller to play them.

I agree, but mobile games just aren't there yet or at least I haven't seen any I would bother buying.

Even the Switch struggles to deal with some high performance games and that's built for gaming, I don't see how a mobile phone can cope and compete.

Just now, Lurchzy said:

I agree, but mobile games just aren't there yet or at least I haven't seen any I would bother buying.

Even the Switch struggles to deal with some high performance games and that's built for gaming, I don't see how a mobile phone can cope and compete.

Just seems like a waste of resources and time IMO.