Starlink

Lurchzy

starlink-logo.jpg.a02630197803bbb8a1dd70df5b6e2ff3.jpg

Starlink is a satellite internet constellation operated by SpaceX, providing satellite Internet access coverage to 50 countries. It also aims for global mobile phone service after 2023.

Personally I think Starlink is the future of internet access and will be the only option in the near future for all Internet providers.

2 hours ago, Teenwolf25 said:

We fitted starlink last month to a clients house. Although it has its uses it’s very limited. Wanna port forward or open a port for cctv or alarm connectivity? Nope it doesn’t let you…..

This sounds like something that'd be developed or is even already in the works. I think in terms of the bigger picture we'll be using satellite based internet in our homes in the next 10 years max.

7 hours ago, James5497 said:

This sounds like something that'd be developed or is even already in the works. I think in terms of the bigger picture we'll be using satellite based internet in our homes in the next 10 years max.

I don’t think we will tbh, it’ll be like EV cars. It’s expensive and the market is very limited. Most of us live in a town or city where we can get fttp. The only people I see buying starlink are people out in the sticks where there’s no signals etc. 

Im apart of a smart home community group too and they install in the region of 200k cinema builds into houses etc, most of them refuse to install starlink due to the limitations etc. 

2 hours ago, Teenwolf25 said:

I don’t think we will tbh, it’ll be like EV cars. It’s expensive and the market is very limited. Most of us live in a town or city where we can get fttp. The only people I see buying starlink are people out in the sticks where there’s no signals etc. 

Im apart of a smart home community group too and they install in the region of 200k cinema builds into houses etc, most of them refuse to install starlink due to the limitations etc. 

You say that but EV cars are taking over the market. I understand it's happening gradually, but that's what I expect from this as well.

I'm not nailed on that it's a perfect replacement yet but it is a good step in connecting the entire world.

The title of this thread keeps making me think of David Bowie 😅

Reliance on satellites is probably not a good move.

The Chinese have devices now they can deploy in space to grab them or push them into decaying orbits etc, as an example.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg