Share your DMZ Pro Gamer moments

Tove

DMZ Has given me so many memorable epic gamer moments in the 6 weeks that I have been playing it. Let’s here your stories too.

As someone here said previously in DMZ the journey is often more important than the extraction or the reward.

I’ll start with my first special moment which was extracting the M13B, I had been trying for a little while to extract the m13b I had downed the Chemist a couple of times but had never managed to get away with the gun. It was Christmas Eve and I was planning on having one more go! I’ve copied the story from the other thread so you may have heard this one before though it would be nice to have a single space for DMZ stories

I did a setup run extracted a self revive, medium backpack, durable gas mask, and 2 plate vest, 

I then spawned in with the MCPR-300 (Body Count Blueprint with the 5 round mag removed (for a 10 mag) and a Kastov 74u then went straight for the Radiation Zone, got a message right away saying the chemist was in the area, sometimes I've had to run around the outside of the area to get that message. then took the high ground and was able to take some enemies out one by one, then I ventured into the gas and started collecting gas masks, plates and stims, it took around 20 minutes but I didn't really get any large clusters of enemies like I have on previous attempts so I was able to take them down successfully. I found the chemist a couple of times, got a headshot on the first and destroyed his helmet, finally I found him close by a building looking in the opposite direction and was able to finish him off with the 74u, there wasn't really any other enemies nearby so I grabbed the m13b and legged it to my vehicle, found a sensible extraction a little while away the radiation was about to start expanding and I didn't want to take any chances. I did get downed at the extraction but was fortunate to still have the self revive. 

Was in Rohan Oil and another team showed up and decided to be friendly. We became a team of 6 and went into the restricted area. Made easy work of the AI and got some good valuable loot

Had lots of cash on us so we became targeted in the hunt squad contracts.  3 guys show up trying to kill us for the contract. Had no Idea there were 6 of us. We wiped them. Took their stuff. 

Decided to exfil. Got a couple of LTVs from different buy stations and machine gunning anything in sight. Again Hunt squad. Trio shows up. Gets wipe and kids start screaming about 6 vs 3 how did we do that. That isn't fair.  Total rage. So I went over, stole his stuff. tea bag him and told him that attacking 2 LTVs with machine guns and 6 guys is a real dumb thing to do if you want to live.

Exfil is now too far, we see a rescue hostage contract so we decide to do that. Storm the house as a team of 6 with top end gear a that point. Rescue the hostage exfil. 

Super fun when teams team up. 

2nd place.  the other team a dumbass team mate decide to run off. Gets himself killed by a squad. He had no mike so I have no idea. I run over to revive him. I see the trio is standing over him in a corner looting his stuff. I lob two molotovs their way and they get burned to a crisp. So we took their stuff and left.  

I love wiping  squads that attack unprovoked 

Needed to do a squad hunt contract for the black mous missions. I usually don't like to kill other operators if I don't have to but in this case I had to. 

I got the perfect spawn at the airport. I picked up the contract. My team mates were idiot running around getting themselves killed. I revived one of them 5 times. I finally just left them as they were a liability rather than asset. 

I get the mini helicopter that is at airport and start flying in the direction of the squad. They must have panic because they are all over the place according to the map.  I am low on full so I go gas station to refuel the helo. As that is happening, I get a notice that the squad got downed elsewhere and my payment is authorized. Awesome, mission done and contract done. 

I look for a safe extraction point. Fly over and extract. Extraction streak goes up to 5. 

Sometimes the stars just align for you

Just completed the Tier 4 Black Mous Challenge for Breaking and Entering on the first attempt this evening!

After yesterdays failed attempt which I mentioned in my PPR I did a quick Zero to Hero run, I found a large backpack and a two plate by random looting. I also completed a couple of Nuclear Radiation Missions and decided to go buy a Self Res and 3 Plate then was planning to extract, I used the Buy station in Rohan oil for these items, got a few plates as standard this buy also had an Al Bagra Underground key, Great it would be nice to have another spare and as luck would have it a Supply Drop fell right at that moment about 100m from me so I captured that one, plenty of cash in this one, Gold Bars, a Gold Skull, so I looted all of that and purchased the key, was a fairly uneventful Exfil between Al Mazrah City and Mawizeh Marshlands. Insured gun still had another 40 minutes, so decided to call it a night. 

Then this evening, I setup my loadout. A Custom Sakin MG38 in my insured slot, an M4 Contraband (The silenced one with the Green Laser from the T3 Guards) and an SP-X Sniper also Contraband. I spawned into the DMZ, spawn under the train bridge I ran from here to the nearby hospital 3 Self Revives a spare Munitions Box and about 4k worth of loot I then made my way to the Airport Buy Station which had no nearby AI so I was able to use it easily and filled the rest of my backpack with Plates and then headed for Al Bagra Underground the exfil was also just outside the Sewer. 

As I got lost in the Sewer yesterday when trying to leave I had prepared by watching a few videos and drawing out a map with the layout. I took out the AI and progressed around the sewer switching on the devices as I passed them. As I was doing this I could here gunfire GREAT there is a squad in the fortress above me, hopefully they are busy with their own activities and not interested in ruining mine! I proceeded to collect the System Architecture Documentation do a little looting and leave the underground. made my way to the beach for the exfil called it in and made distance away from the exfil point as I know some T3 AI will make there way to the exfil point. Nearby Player starts pleading for help, excellent the other squad are preoccupied. As the chopped is coming in took out the AI with the Sniper and made my way to exfil for a completed mission! 

Please to say that everything fell into place. Great spawn, great RNG on the Self Res and also on the Buy Station. Also thinking about it I didn't come across a single riot shield AI during the whole mission whereas yesterday there was 4-5 of them. 

1 hour ago, Tove said:

Just completed the Tier 4 Black Mous Challenge for Breaking and Entering on the first attempt this evening!

After yesterdays failed attempt which I mentioned in my PPR I did a quick Zero to Hero run, I found a large backpack and a two plate by random looting. I also completed a couple of Nuclear Radiation Missions and decided to go buy a Self Res and 3 Plate then was planning to extract, I used the Buy station in Rohan oil for these items, got a few plates as standard this buy also had an Al Bagra Underground key, Great it would be nice to have another spare and as luck would have it a Supply Drop fell right at that moment about 100m from me so I captured that one, plenty of cash in this one, Gold Bars, a Gold Skull, so I looted all of that and purchased the key, was a fairly uneventful Exfil between Al Mazrah City and Mawizeh Marshlands. Insured gun still had another 40 minutes, so decided to call it a night. 

Then this evening, I setup my loadout. A Custom Sakin MG38 in my insured slot, an M4 Contraband (The silenced one with the Green Laser from the T3 Guards) and an SP-X Sniper also Contraband. I spawned into the DMZ, spawn under the train bridge I ran from here to the nearby hospital 3 Self Revives a spare Munitions Box and about 4k worth of loot I then made my way to the Airport Buy Station which had no nearby AI so I was able to use it easily and filled the rest of my backpack with Plates and then headed for Al Bagra Underground the exfil was also just outside the Sewer. 

As I got lost in the Sewer yesterday when trying to leave I had prepared by watching a few videos and drawing out a map with the layout. I took out the AI and progressed around the sewer switching on the devices as I passed them. As I was doing this I could here gunfire GREAT there is a squad in the fortress above me, hopefully they are busy with their own activities and not interested in ruining mine! I proceeded to collect the System Architecture Documentation do a little looting and leave the underground. made my way to the beach for the exfil called it in and made distance away from the exfil point as I know some T3 AI will make there way to the exfil point. Nearby Player starts pleading for help, excellent the other squad are preoccupied. As the chopped is coming in took out the AI with the Sniper and made my way to exfil for a completed mission! 

Please to say that everything fell into place. Great spawn, great RNG on the Self Res and also on the Buy Station. Also thinking about it I didn't come across a single riot shield AI during the whole mission whereas yesterday there was 4-5 of them. 

Congratulations. Got love it when it all comes together

Kind of a douche bag moment but I am quite ok with it

Spawn in with randoms by the airport. 

We do a few contracts successfully and things are going well. Team mates gets killed in a hard area. I get ride a bunch of enemies and one get me in the back while I am resurecting that team mate. 3rd team mate kills remaining AI and decide the look at my loot and take my insured weapon and then resurects me. So I think, don't get mad get even. 

I wait time and as we are make our way to extract he gets downed. Perfect. 

I wait until he dies. Take my insured gun back (taq-56) and steal his insured gun, his 3 plat vest and his kill streak. I then revive him and he is pissed. He is shooting me with the AK that I dropped. Trying to get my attention and I ignore him

We get to extract and call it in. An enemy team is there and pushing. I get rid of a riot shielder. i was lucky to have a drill charge. I get rid of a regular guy. The Taq-56 with 3 plates was no match for him. 

3rd had kill the guy who stole my gun but decide to run away. Other guy is on the helo. So I left the thief and we extracted without him.

Made sure to tell him not to steal team mates stuff. 

On a positive note, found out that if someone picks up your insured weapon and then you pick it up again it becomes a contraband item. So its a way to create an extra "slot" at the end of the day if you want to have additional access to that weapon

Just recently extracted my final weapons case in Al Mazrah, 

I've had some really interesting runs on the weapons case, with both bad and good players, I recall a few runs in particular,

My first was hell of a match, we took down the Jugg at Zarqwa Squad mate picked up the case, I hung back re-plating and re-arming a Squad (two man) turned up and took out the two players in front and whilst they were looting them I was able to get in the building and take them both out got the revive on my team mates. Then a second squad (three man) pulled up in an LTV, two of them stormed and we took them out, they pled for help and my team mates accepted them, the third didn't respond to invites stayed in the LTV and tried to blast us from the turret so I went to the roof and took him out. We extracted that as a 5 man. 

Then one of the next was with some absolute gigachad beasts, they were in a two man and I was the rando, We spawned in Jugg was at Zaya, they just ran straight for it took the jugg out and we got a hostage extract also within Zaya, we had the case and were out of the match before the timer even hit 20 minutes. 

To extract the next case I had to hard carry some real potatoes, Jugg at All Sharim Pass they just ran straight at him with one plate vests and no actual extra plates Leeroy Jenkins style and went straight down I had to play it safe managed to loop the jugg around a rock and slowly chip away at his armour to take him out I may have even had to fill up with a munitions box part way through. I was dead proud of that run and felt really good about it. 

Another good one was with two randoms, we'd had done a couple of contracts got some nice loot and had just had a wholesome game, they wanted to exfil in the weapon case area which was at Al Sharim Pass, I knew the direction we were heading in and knew a tactic to get the Jugg down quite easily (from TheSpazo on YT) so I ran on ahead and got him downed and got the weapons case as the others caught up, Exfil was less than 100m away so we just ran for it knowing it was unlikely that another team would get to us before we reached it. 

Many of the others were matches where someone had attempted to take out the weapons case but had been taken out by AI and I took a detour either on my own or with the squad whilst on the way to exfil then met back with the squad at exfil. Like the most recent one I found three player packs inside a hostage contract building next to the weapons case picked up the pack and re joined the squad at exfil. 

Just had an interesting Exfil in All Mazrah and I'm sure I left another squad feeling quite confused. 

Had a mission to take out 2 operators with the kastov platform of weapons, I had called in my exfil at Al Bagra and took the high ground and spotted a player with my sniper took them down in a single shot so thought right lets run over closer and look to finish them with the vaznev I also had. I ran over and they had been revived I was behind the gas station and they were struggling with AI, I ran into the gas station and popped through the window downed and killed, ran out the back and around the side found another and did the same downed and killed, I could see a third but my exfil had a few seconds until it was leaving so I turned and ran for the exfil got to it with a single second to spare. As I was flying out I saw the third struggling with some AI outside the gas station but further away from the other two I had killed.

I'm sure they were very confused why I killed them and ran off without even looting them! There is also the possibility that had I not sniped the first one they could have rushed me on the exfil. 

Honestly I could say that I was being noble in my intentions but really I didn't want to wait for another exfil and risk something similar happening to me with the next squad. I do hope the third was able to revive their teammates though. 

I just had an epic run on Ashika Island trying to complete the Exposé mission to complete the mission you have to get some documents from an Al Mazrah dead drop and extract with them take them to Ashika Island and plant them on the desk at the top of the castle which just happens to be the same room the Bombmaker resides in. 

I've had quite a few close runs I can get all the way to the top but never quite clear out the top room. I had a failed run so went back to Al Mazrah to re-gear and get the docs from the dead drop at Zaya Observatory, spawn near sawah so I went for the Hospital and got some self revives and revive pistols, next I made for a vehicle and took a dash towards the train, I arrived there and it had not yet been looted I picked up a medium pack and a 2 plate and a gold bar, the passenger train was about to pass in the opposite direction this was also unlooted it had some medium packs and 2 plates but no large or 3 plates unfortunately but I did pickup another self revive. Next I found a vehicle and headed towards Zaya for the dead drop. there were a few tier 1 AI around it, so those got taken out and thier weapons dead dropped along with a couple of the self revives and the gold bar to get my insured weapons back. I took the documents and headed for exfil. 

I then decided that I would take in another run in Al Mazrah get another set of documents, Spawned in towards the south east nearby the river, I could have made a dash for the train but instead ran for the nearby hospital and boy was that the right decision the hospital had a couple of revives but amazingly had a 3 plate vest AND a large backpack! God Spawn and God Hospital! Amazing! So I headed for a nearby vehicle and made my way to Zaya, there was an exfil on the road maybe 50 metres from the dead drop so I drove past this triggered the exfil and drove on for the dead drop, looted the documents and headed back to the exfil which was now landing for me. Excellent what a run another set of documents and a 3 plate and large pack before hitting 21 minutes remaining in game!

Next up lets give the Ashika Island mission another attempt. I've started squad filling on these attempts for two reason, firstly maybe the randos are good and will take the castle on with me, and secondly if I go down I can plea for help. I spawn in with a TAQ-56 AR Insured Weapon (same build as Stodeh), a Pila Launcher (this makes taking the wheelson a piece of cake) a Contraband Sakin MG38 in my pack for an extra 100 rounds should I completely run out and for equipment I took my usual Stims and Semtexes alongside the Revive Pistol. I did a little looting nearby found some goods to sell and another revive. The squad are also nearby I went to the buy sold the items being careful not to sell the mission documents as I did that on an attempt yesterday and felt very foolish then bought a munitions box as as many plates as I could afford whilst doing this an enemy squad have taken out my squadmates and looted thier tags. I use this to my advantage and make a beeline in the opposite direction and get as far away as possible. Sorry Squad but I had a mission to do and you guys went down so easily. 

Next onto the castle, followed my usual technique on the roof pila locked onto the wheelson, hack the wheelson and make a dash for the castle. I have discovered that the faster you can progress through the castle the fewer AI which will actually find you, I guess its using that Hive mind against them and as I don't have an Eddie Munson to distract them that'll have to do. so I'm at the last room, first riot shielder is on the steps as usual stick him with semtex and he is done. a few peaks and I've taken out the bombmake and other guards in the room, just the final riot shielder left I peaked and taken out the one trophy which is near him, no more semtex but found a frag nearby from an enemy drop, I threw the frag in thinking that the other trophy would stop it but fortunatly it didn't and I got the kill! ran into the room placed my documents excellent mission completed now what do I do with the weapons case I don't need to extract for the mission I've already completed that part so I think right I'll loiter up here until there is a few minutes left and make a beeline for an exfil. After waiting for a little while I heard shooting and footsteps, great a squad is coming for the weapons case, check the map and its the squad that I'm tracking with the dog tags of my long dead team. I think well theres no chance of me getting out of here I throw out an invite to join their squad and they surprisingly accept we then all make it out to the exfil together and all enjoy a weapons case extraction! Kinda funny that it went full circle with me narrowly avoiding this squad at the beginning of the game to taking the exfil with them. 

This is what makes DMZ such an incredible game mode. Sure you'll get good games, you'll also get bad games but every now and again you get an unforgettable Epic Pro Gamer Moment. 

I recently completed the Predator Mission in Crown Tier 4, the objective is to infil solo without any weapons to will 3 operators collect 150k in cash and extract. 

I spawned in with a Two Plate, Self Res and my usual equipment package of Stim, Semtex, Ammo Box. My spawn location was at Quarry, I really don't like this spawn unless I have a silenced sniper but without weapons it is horrific, you have can hug the edge of the map to the North and venture through the small village north of the Quarry or you can hug the edge of the map to the South and risk bumping into players. I instead opted to take out the AI nearby threw my semtex and took a few out picked up an RPK but I was then swarmed by over a dozen bots from multiple weapons I fought through most of them but was downed and had to use my self res. I revived and hastily made out of there towards the south. 

I checked my map for nearby contracts and found a raid weapons stash in Sa'id City looks like it is in the stronghold in the middle of the city I quite enjoy this one as it has a very nice choke point on the stairs which goes around the corner and also has another room to fall back on should you need it. Found a 3 plate in the upstairs chest and take on the weapons safe, as this is finishing I can hear voices on proxy chat (3 of them) I collect one of the silenced M4s dropped by the bots and there is a nice Chimera inside the safe which I take as a secondary I also collected a large backpack from here. 

I peak out through the door and can see an enemy team in the doorway of the small building opposite I down 2 of them and finish one of them then head back into cover to reload, as I peak back out the first is reviving but I get him down again and finish this time. I can hear the third moving around and attempt to flank him I find him waiting for me to come from the opposite direction and down and finish him. Excellent that's my 3 operator kills, early into the match now to raise as much cash as possible I looted the bodies as expected they didn't have much cash I took their tags 2 bronze 1 silver that's 10k, Checking for contracts there is a secure nuclear material nearby in Sa'id City so I take that one collect the geiger counter and raid the stashes. Lets find another one there are two nearby to Saweh the Rad Zone is also hear so I think that I can take this and work my way further north away from the Rad Zone picking up contracts on the way. 

On the way I find a couple of players on top of a building waiting for extraction they take a couple of shots at me, I turn back into Sa'id city and park my vehicle up. Flank around the building I sneak into the building and down and finish one of them whilst he is running for the chopper I stay in the building and listen for his squad I find him running for his mate for a res and down and finish him too. Is there a third? I stay where I am for a little while check the bodies and they have both vanished excellent must be a duo, unfortunately they didn't have much loot but I took the tags. OK so I didn't need to kill then but they did take a shot at me and I need cash for my mission. Sold everything in my inventory at a nearby buy station and make my way back towards Saweh the supply drops have also dropped in this area I also find a player bag as a gas station loot it for the tags. 

Lets make our way down to Saweh for the contract the supply drops pretty uneventful raid of the stashes collect the loot the none of the supply drops has been touched but they were trash less that 20k from all 3 combined and the loot was naff too, there was another nuclear contract nearby between Saweh and Sarrif Bay so I collect that one too. I'm now at 127k the gas is now starting to come in I check the map 2 hunts at airport and 1 at Al Bagra still players on the map then. I find another nuclear contract further north at the small area towards the west I think this will be fairly safe as no-one is here after 5 minutes into the match there's nothing really here. I complete the contract thinking I'll be just shy of the 150k but to my surprise once I sell everything in my inventory I'm at 153k excellent all that's left is the final exfil at Taraq. 

I check the map and the hunt contracts have disappeared I must be the last player alive on the map. I took a nice steady drive up to Taraq carefully cleared the area of bots and waited patiently in the exfil chopper for the mission to be completed. 

This was a thrilling mission for sure. I had a great fun with it. I didn't take too many attempts of the other attempts I was a bit too overzealous with taking out the enemy squads and ended up in over my head. I initially tried to complete this on Ashika as there are some great locked areas on here but you can't really move around the map quick enough without being spotted and taken out by other players. I made an interesting decision on my previous attempt I was making really slow progress and found an operator extracting that I managed to get the jump on. I took his 2 plate and self res and decided to exfil and start again seems that was the best decision that I could have possibly made as after I got out of spawn the round couldn't really have gone any better other than maybe the supply drops actually having some decent loot. 

@cyberninja2601 Safes aren’t very consistent I have had safes with 30k and others with less than 5k I opted for the nuclear contract because they are consistently 20-25k each, once you have a Geiger counter you can just activate the contract and get the cache locations immediately and you can do those silently without attracting AI attention and also this won’t attract the attention of other operators.