Hell Let Loose
Posted
On 2/7/2023 at 10:56 PM, phil bottle said:

Jumped on to sort my graphics and controls etc 

I'm at 1440p with a mix of mostly high and some medium settings. 

Found a decent server and tested it all out. FPS is over 100 and game runs smoothly.

Good to go 👍

Bare with me, trying to stop my daughter having too much screen time after school, so introducing her to board games.  It's best when I jump on, I'll put myself in a Discord voice channel, so if you see me playing and in Discord, I should be ready.

Hell Let Loose
Posted

@phil bottle, That sounds like a plan ☺️.  I want to get over that fear of talking and I suppose the only things I see stopping me is having nothing useful to say, sounding like an idiot, not being listened to / heard, sounding boring. Which pretty much sums it up 🤣

@NCA-Paendrag sure it was snipers? This game only takes a single shot to down an enemy. Running into open fields on the front line is obviously a bad idea though 😅.  

Had some amazing moments on the Foy map in the snowy forests.

I do love the sense of war this game gives off, not the Hollywood movie war action you find in CoD and BF games.

@Jason  @NCA-Paendrag if me and @phil bottlestart playing, and he sticks with it, perhaps consider giving this another go as a team? 

Hell Let Loose
Posted

So thanks to the generosity of FG's FGF, I claimed HLL from the store.  I wasn't sure what to expect with performance, I do remember trying it out during a free weekend and ultimately giving up due to performance.  To my surprise this game is running pretty decently now, feels more optimised for sure.  I can't make it look graphically pretty but it's playable for most of the time.  Frames do drop in more built up areas but due to the slow style of game, it's manageable.

It's a lot of fun, I do still struggle with communicating, I have my mic ready to go, but finding the commitment of talking difficult to overcome.

Hell Let Loose
Posted

Concept of these game I have an interest in.. the communication part not so much 😅.  I don't know how this will perform on my aging GTX 980 at 1080p, so I think I'll wait until a free weekend is announced, so I can properly test the game before buying.  It looks interesting though.

Insurgency: Sandstorm
Posted
15 hours ago, phil bottle said:

This has just updated on Steam and looks like I'll get my beta access after midnight.  

Like buses, two games I've been looking forward to (or waiting for impatiently) both drop within hours of each other :D

Let us know what you think and if/how things have improved. 

I still haven't received any acknowledgement from RazerGameStore about the refund and still haven't received the Beta in which they advertised... so guess come end of next month I too should own the game.

Insurgency: Sandstorm
Posted

Do any/many play Insurgency from here?  I do have this pre-ordered from RazerGameStore as I really like Insurgency.  After watching the BETA streams, I was thinking it wasn't for me but RGS still haven't acknowledged my refund request.  Wasn't impressed as they also list the game with the BETA but you can't access the BETA unless you activate the game on Steam, something I can't do as they don't send codes until day of release.  If they don't sort out the refund I'll just keep the game and give it a go.  I only ended up paying just over £13 for it anyway.

10 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That's only if you're uber competitive. I'd argue the PS4 lot here are slightly less competitive than the PC crowd. I enjoy both tbh, just depends on which mood you are in.

I'm thinking more along the lines of how many people are willing to download the game and on which systems.  I have zero interest in being the best in the game, I'll try it out with some of you guys on whichever is getting most players.  Not sure I'd want to download on both though.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy