What is the best handheld console?
Posted

I never really owned handheld consoles or that. 

Did know someone with a game gear. That's a blast from the past. 

Wasn't there a Sega Genesis Nomad or something as well? 

Of topic now, but Sega tried too much from the early to mid 90's.

The Sega Saturn wasn't very successful. And the terrible flop that was the 32x. 

Show us your recent retro purchases!
Posted
57 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

That's a shocking thing to admit. Everyone and their grandma had Brian Lara Cricket in their PS1 library🤣

I even had two copies just in case I misplaced one. 

It's not an offence since I'm Scottish. 

In Scotland an interest in cricket is frowned upon, people are more accepting of a heroin addiction than a love for cricket in Scotland. 

Show us your recent retro purchases!
Posted
2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've been recently reconciling my PS1 games as I did have quite a few naughty copied discs back in the day (hey, not my fault my parents clearly didn't want me to have the proper ones!) so I thought it was time to fix that. There's a few new ones below though as a few half decent deals came up with the game I needed so picked them up at the same time.

Looking forward to trying out all teh football games later in the year and hopefully with others here face to face when I've sorted my space out.

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 1.55.21 PM.jpeg  WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 1.55.21 PM (1).jpeg  WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 1.55.21 PM (2).jpeg

Fun useless fact. I could never beat Tenchu properly as it was rock hard when I was young. Couldn't even get past the first level boss! I ended up using the infinite health cheat to help me complete it instead. I'll go back soon to see if my skills have actually done anything in the past 25 years 😅

A nice line up there Lee, think I've played them all aside from the Brian Lara Cricket. 

I have no interest in Cricket. 

My favourites from that pile would be. 

Tenchu

Destruction Derby

The Tomb Raiders

Pandemonium 

Videogame Shops
Posted

Yeah I agree with Luseth, you forgot Gamestation. 

You covered all the old classic places, totally agree the likes of Curry's, Dixons and Comet etc were all average and their range and choice was never that good. 

Index and Argos were just weird to buy games. 

Old EB was the best. Oh and you forgot Blockbusters as well @J4MES OX4D .

Edit, It's funny our last Game is within a Sports Direct as well.  🙃

Retro Revists
Posted
7 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I so want a Steam Deck.  I wonder how many sexual favours I'll need to perform in order to get one?

Probably quite a lot of sexual favours if your after @phil bottles

One,  I heard he is awfully fond of it. 😁

Old school wrestling games
Posted

Out of that selection I had the Smackdowns,  WWF Warzone and Attitude.  I also had WCW Nitro and the WWF In Your House. Had Celebrity Deathmatch as well. 

I think Warzone and Attitude were the best of it's time imo. 

I remember owning WWF Royal Rumble on the Megadrive.  My friend also had Wrestlemania on the SNES.  It was pretty good as you could pick Doink the clown.  🤡

12 Things We Miss About Retro Gaming
Posted
12 minutes ago, Findmartin said:

Great article, can relate to a lot. I remember having gone out and bought a guidebook to final fantasy 7 as I was struggling. Same with one of the zelda games I had. The multiplayer thing too, I absolutely love going round to Lee's to play his old games. Whilst headsets and online play you cant beat being in the same room. The tensions when we play eachother on mario kart, super tennis, track and field etc you just dont get when playing online for me

I remember the first time playing Roadrash Jailbreak on a PS1 with a Multi-tap with the ability to have 4 players. What a laugh, every 10 seconds "Oi ya dick stop bashing into me!" 😂

The good thing about Jailbreak was it had the side car option, so 1 steered and drive and the other got to punch and pick up weapons like bats, chains and glass bottles and knock shit outta each other. 

Literally hours of fun. 

Best Retro Console
Posted
1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Still sticking with the Sega Mega Drive. It started me on my journey and I'll always be grateful for that 16-bit machine.

Yeah I have a lot of love for the Mega Drive, the PS1 just edges it for me. 

I had a NES when I was 5, had the Classics like Mario and Duck Hunt with the gun and a few others over time. 

Got a Mega Drive on my 7th birthday. Then a PS1 when I was 10 or 11 at Christmas. 

Never owned a SNES, it's probably the coolest console I never owned. 

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy