3 hours ago, Diddums said:

I spent a good 20-30 mins sorting out the UI. Changing font sizes, ditching shit which isn't immediately important, etc. It's looks immeasurably better now: 

So are you playing this on PS4 or PC? I haven't changed my UI yet, the only things I've done is hotkey rebinding.  Anyhow, here's my character

XH4YU93.png

I want to make another one as a main healer class with the first name Morgana but I can't think of a second name for her yet.

I'm enjoying this game, I'm around level 18 and just arrived at the next two islands, ready to go out and explore more later today. I did start out on PS4 but I found the clutter overwhelming and confusing, which isn't helped by using a controller.  As soon as I switched over to PC, it looks better, runs better and it doesn't look as much complicated.

A good thing with this game being on both systems, means you can easily go from playing on the PC to the PS4 on the same subscription.  You still need to buy the game for both systems you wish you play on but at least you don't have to pay twice for the sub and your characters are saved across platforms.

I like the idea of not needing to level up a bunch of different characters to use different classes, so while I'm currently running with Archery, I may pick up healer at some point.

If I had any gripe with this game, it would be the lack of voice acting and the amount of reading you have to do to get through even basic none main story quests.  When you get to the cutscenes however, they are rather enjoyable.  Oh and the stupid amounts of rain in the starting island.

@GazzaGarratt @Middle Class Caveman  well graphics come second for me.  But if say 1-3 are considered the worst then I'll probably skip them.  I doubt I'll get around to completing all of them, but I can try! So if I concentrate on the ones people recommend for a newcomer, it would shorten the list of games I look at.  Do the FF games follow on from each other story wise? or are they all like their own separate stories?

As I mentioned in the above post, I'm currently playing FF V because it's currently the only one I own (I don't know if or how FF XIV Online ties into the universe).  I'm still in the very early stages of the game though and my characters are around level 11/12.  I'm still getting my head around the abilities / jobs and what I should go with for each character.  I've met Harpy and Shiva but I was really under leveled at the time and don't think I'm ready even now, I'm now at the point I need to defeat LiqudFlame but he's a bugger.

One thing that did surprise me with FF is I thought the combat was turn-based.  So after learning it's actually active turn-based, it makes it a little more difficult.

As someone who hasn't played FF before now, which are the best? I've recently taken up XIV Online and today I started the only SP game I own of FF on my Vita, which is V.  Which other games are worth playing?

I hear VII is one of the best and with what you say, I' think I'll get the original when I start playing this.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy