Some information for those who have Mojang accounts.  It looks like Mojang accounts have to be transferred over to Microsoft accounts in the near future.  I don't know if this will affect anyone here but just a heads up as it sounds like if it isn't migrated, it could be lost.

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/java-edition-moving-house

Now just to be clear, migrating from Mojang to Microsoft accounts is mandatory. If you don’t make the move, in several months you won’t be able to log in anymore – which means you won’t be able to play either. But no need to worry, because we’ll give you detailed and clear instructions on how to do so.

So when will this transition happen? If you already have Java or a Mojang account, you will have to start moving accounts in early 2021. New players who are getting Java for the first time will create Microsoft accounts rather than Mojang accounts starting this fall.

Harry Potter Mod
Posted
1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@Greboth @Spacedeck  did one of you work out if it worked on a MP server or if its SP?

There's is an option upon first loading the world in where you have the opportunity to select Mutiplayer.  It supports up to 4 but all 4 must start the game at the same time, you can't join a game already in progress, if it's in-progress people can only join as spectator. You are given the option to create a LAN world and it gives port number but beyond this, I'm not 100% sure where to find the details needed to connect? @Greboth I imagine you have a better understanding than I do.

A little searching via Discorg and this is our asnwer:

How to play co-op

There are a few different ways the map can be played in Multiplayer. You can upload the map to your server. If you do this, make sure that the server has command blocks enabled and that there are no plugins that interfere with Vanilla Minecraft commands (A common example would be Essentials). You also need to make sure that flight is allowed. You can also play the map together via LAN. If you are on the same Network you can do this by pressing “Open to LAN”. If you are not on the same network you can still connect to your friend’s world using LAN by using Hamachi or a similar program.

FTB Beyond Server Details
Posted
1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Greboth is out most if the weekend Lee but I think he’s pitched it small to start with (4-5) but with the ability to increase if demand warrants it.

I quite enjoyed the Realms that @Spacedeck organised but I think I prefer the modded versions. Come aboard Spacedeck! 😊👍

Yeah, as with the decrease in activity of the Realms server, I'm going to cancel that subscription.  It's just renewed so it'll still be around for another month and I will use the month to set up the minigames on the server, incase anyone pops on and wants to try some before it goes.

@Greboth  Let me know if you want any money to pay towards it, I don't mind transferring the money I would have paid for Realms over to support the Modded server.

FG Realms Discussion Thread
Posted

I haven't jumped on for ages 😔 I always get lost on what to do once logged in.

I wonder if we could pick a day or time to get some people on to look at some of the minigames currently available, if people feel like a break from the world we have it might be something to consider.

Also anyone who has MineCraft Java but isn't on the list or hasn't spoken up yet, do so now and I can get you whitelisted!

Posted
1 hour ago, Greboth said:

Edit2: Damn :( There is an AFK timing that kicks you off eventually.  Oh well guess there won't be much AFK'ing then.

From a quick Google, it seems as though Realms doesn't support this.  I have found people mention making creations to keep you active.  One example is: https://www.instructables.com/id/Afk-Machine/?amp_page=true

Posted

I'm not going to force anyone who wants to use the realm, to pay towards the cost of the realm. If I do it solo, I'd just keep it running monthly. 

Depending on who / if any of you guys would still like to put towards a 6 month sub. I'll get how many people would like to put towards and I'll work out how much to ask. 

Realms cost £33.99 for six months. So depending on responses, I'll update on this situation again next month. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

has the server been reset for the newer version?

Server is on a new world as Plumbers was stuck in creative mode. All seems well now, so server should just run as normal. Updates to the game shouldn't have any affect to the server either. 

Posted

I think building as a community, or atleast near each other would be nice. The spawn location is actually near a nice river, I'll probably build along there too begin with. Even if we don't build to close, I'm sure we can lay down paths to connect everything and build other community type buildings between us. 

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy