Pawn stars "Chumlee"

Drifter

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to love that show.  Then my brother told me that all of their banter is entirely scripted, and I think he's totally right.  The negotiations with customers are legit, but all the "funny" stuff in between that is hard to watch now.  Most of those types of shows are so over-produced.

I used to love that show.  Then my brother told me that all of their banter is entirely scripted, and I think he's totally right.  The negotiations with customers are legit, but all the "funny" stuff in between that is hard to watch now.  Most of those types of shows are so over-produced.

That's actually why I stopped watching it myself about a year ago. I use to like it, but then it got to where you could tell how staged everything was and it started to lose my interest. Then a friend of mine decided to stop into the shop while out in Vegas while he was on vacation. Said from what he was told, the "guys" hardly ever actually worked the in the shop if ever, and they would actually close the store during filming and then the whole price negotiation was actually even staged. Supposedly they already had bought the items for a certain price and then just did the negotiations for TV. Really kind of lost my interest after hearing all that.

Heard today about some of the charges against him now. Guess there's gun charges as well as large amounts of weed and crystal meth that were found at his house. Enough where he will probably be charged with dealing. What sort of a moron does that when they are making $25,000 per episode just to stand around doing nothing. The ignorance of some people is just astounding to me.

I used to like watching it at first but lost interest as it went on, it looked to false and rehearsed for me so maybe my suspicion was correct, same as the storage wars programme as well.

I'd rather watch PBS American Road Show to learn about antiques.  Rick is sooo annoying.  I've never seen anyone laugh at their own jokes as much as he does.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png