Chained Echoes

Riff Machine

I picked this one up on Steam, and after I had bought it, I found out it was also on Game Pass.  Anyways, It's a cool looking JRPG that gave me some Chrono Trigger kind of vibes when I first checked out the trailer.  I started a new game tonight and they throw a lot of info, gameplay/systems wise, at you right out of the gate.  should be an interesting romp if you're into classic JRPGs.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Alright.  I finally finished this one this past week.  Mostly due to having far too many other things on the go to devote the time needed for it, but damn.  I wish I finished this one sooner.  What an amazing game!  It reminded me a lot of Chrono Trigger at first,  but the fact you don't gain levels, rather you upgrade your skills, both passive/active, and battle, which increases your power every so often.  It has a ton of accessibility options to scale the game to your liking as this one is tough.  Make no mistake about it.  Finding the right mix of skills to use in big-boss battle situations will be trial and error.

I won't spoil anything but this one has one of the best stories in a jrpg I've ever played.  The twists and turns along the way were actually surprising.  Thankfully, the cast of characters each has their own distinct personality and you'll find certain members butting heads with others at various points. 

I could go on for days, but if you're a fan of JRPGs, you really owe it to yourself to try this.  It's a nice retro gem for the modern era.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

Added to wishlist for now on Steam, thanks for sharing Chad @Riff Machine , sounds like something I should give a go later down the line. Never played Chrono Trigger so won't have that comparison but I certainly love the gameplay style and graphics.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb