Football Manager

So I use a LOT of my spare time on this game. I was wondering if anyone else does? What teams you usually pick, what achievements you have accomplished and which players you usually buy.

Myself I tend to go for Arsenal as it is the club in my heart. Also tried Juventus, Napoli, Real Madrid, Bayern (god the german league is horrible) and City (yes, I am ashamed of myself for that)

The most success I've had is probably with City winning the treble my first season, FA cup, CL and PL. Then went on to win the PL 3 years in a row before ending 2nd the 4th season.

Anyways, hope I'm not the only one playing this game xD Would be a waste of a thread then.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're such a meme whore Euan.

Just for the fun of it last night I decided to get ManU relegated from the PL on FM12. Cause fuck you Ferguson! Sold Nani, Valencia, Evra, Vidic and such, spent £20 mill on some 40 year old keeper from FC Twente or something. Now half the team wants to leave and even though I have £20 mill left, I can't buy any good players xD

Im currently playing FM 12 and just gone into the 2019/20 season with Chelsea whilst managing England to a world cup victory.

Majority of the last generation lot have left/been sold/retired apart from Cech (slowly becoming a bit of a liability), Mata and Lukaku (who is an absolute monster asides from his remarkable ability to suffer crippling injuries on a regular occurrence).

Messi is as difficult to buy in the game as he is in real life. As a test I tried seeing how much it would cost for a bid to be accepted, reaching close to 173mil before I gave up :(

APmVvKG.gif

I have managed to buy Ronaldo in my first season, Messi I can't get until he's 30 and his Barca contract ends because of his rediculous contract demands.

I'm also on FM12 btw. Last time I played, Monday night I won the PL with City, while United got relegated xD Lost the CL to Real 3-0 even though I had Ronaldo... Got one hell of a squad having raided Barcelona for most of their midfield. This season I need to fix my defence.

I have managed to buy Ronaldo in my first season, Messi I can't get until he's 30 and his Barca contract ends because of his rediculous contract demands.

I'm also on FM12 btw. Last time I played, Monday night I won the PL with City, while United got relegated xD Lost the CL to Real 3-0 even though I had Ronaldo... Got one hell of a squad having raided Barcelona for most of their midfield. This season I need to fix my defence.

I picked up Ronaldo in the last couple of seasons for £5mil but my best deal by far was picking Tevez up for a free in my 2nd year. He almost single handedly won me everything with 50+ goals in the premier league alone, and was great in the champions league, being brought on as a 2nd half substitute.

I struggle to find good midfielders that perform consistently well. Jack Wiltshire came in as a 4star (potential 4.5 star) costing me nearly 25mil yet hasnt performed anywhere near as well as he should.

I will have a look at my game tonight and see who I have in defense, tho i think im trying to train up a load of wonder kids atm for the future

APmVvKG.gif

Ok so heres my team atm;

Courtois

Narcis     S Garba     D Pepe     J De Vries

Mikel

J Wilshire     Isla

Ongenda     Arrieta    Lukaku

Subs: Cech, Bruckner, Weimer, Raul, Luiz, Ronaldo, Benito, Ganso, Mata, Roi

APmVvKG.gif