Marvel Universe - Phase 5 & 6

GazzaGarratt

A little while ago they release Phase 5 and Phase 6 for where the MCU was heading.

Marvel Phase 5

image.png

Marvel Phase 6 (currently)

Marvel Phase 6.PNG

I think its been a hard run to follow everything that ended Phase 3 for the MCU. The Avengers Infinity War and Endgame was quite the culmination of an era and we've all probably felt that downward slope in emotions with Phase 4 at certain points - Not sure what everyone else thinks?

I do have faith though it will pick up again but expectations are set that it won't happen for quite some time. Maybe even until Phase 6 starts perhaps but I hope some of the films in Phase 5 can bring back the excitement I felt watching nearly every film in Phase 2 and 3.

Blade is the one I hope that will return some good feelings, although I don't expect it to tie in to the major MCU story going on.

Just not sure at the moment that some of the series shows are working for me. I really struggled with Wandavision, Loki was slightly better but didn't excite me as I first hoped. The others like Ms Marvel just feel like they have a different audience to what I want to watch which is totally understandable; just brings more of what I say to the forefront of my mind.

Lets hope Wakanda Forever will seal off Phase 4 nicely and leave us with some exciting feelings for the future. Whats everyone's thoughts?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Phase 4 has been a hit or miss for me thus far. Black widow should have happened many years ago but i enjoyed it enough, especially florence pugh's character, the eternals was kinda boring even though it has a cool premise, shang chi ws good but i feel like the third act was kinda weak, i really liked spiderman no way home but for me it showed how much better the previous 2 spidermen were and i haven't seen doctor strange and thor yet

As for the series, having read the house of m, the comic that wandavision was loosely based on i was expecting something better, i really hoped we could see creept wanda like the first times we saw her before she became good but now being deranged/insane be some kind of cosmic/magic horror show, not the boring sitcom we got. The falcon and the winter soldier had bad antagonists with the flag breakers, they made zero sense to me, but i liked the patriot at least, loki was good enough but again the cast carried that show, hawkeye was decent for me. I liked moon knight and all the archaeological stuff in it and the cast was great, i really hope they make a new season for it. I feel like ms marvel took too long to tell a very simple origin story and it kinda declined in quality as it went and she hulk has been fine except for some stuff like 4th wall breaking that don't work for me with her and it kinda feels aimless in general.

I hope they succeed like with the infinity stone saga but i think they should have had a hiatus for a few years and also not make as many stuff and stretch it out a bit cause many will get burned out