The Bf4 Aircraft Thread

Dr Diamond

Bob

Helicopter controls are a nightmare compared to bf3 but I was surprised how quickly I adapted. My suggestion is to switch the stick or button layout to veteran (will check my settings).but I would say the best thing to do would be play on the test range! Also, attack chopper agility has been lowered. I would say me and ryan/dylan were a death sentence to any tank or enemy vehicle of any sort on bf3. The choppers were so powerful.the addition of a HUGE sway from a rocket hit coupled with critical hit spins and engine failure means a single hit that does 20 damage can send you crashing into a building. The power has transfered back to infantry.even anti air tanks and even the minigun on the rhibs will destroy choppers so fast. A bit more skill is required for choppers now but that said the scout chopper is so awesome

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

The first time I piloted a helicopter, I had 2 other people with me and the pressure was really on to perform. I proceeded from the spawn into the air and then happen to fly backwards off of the map killing us all. I pretended that my mouse slipped but that excuse did not wash with my team. I didn't want to admit I couldn't fly for shit so I just proceeded to say I was under the influence of alcohol in which my players eventually understood after they spammed the chat box with a lot of naughty words. I have not flown since but I am drunk regularly.

I can't fly planes or drive tanks either. 

I suck.

choppers are so frustrating sometimes. they have reduced aggressive chopper tactics to nothing now. The counter measures (flares or ecm) take 25 and 30s to reload.

Anti-air jets carry two missles which do 20 damage each and issue a light critical hit...but they take 20 seconds to reload. Engineers with a stinger , have 5 missiles which reload in 3.6 seconds, do 45% damage and issue a critical hit....this is a serious balance isssue!

i get people hate chopper repair teams, i know its frustrating. but making aircraft useless is a pointless exercise. Either have them as a powerful tool where someone can use them for your team for good, or get rid of them. having a chopper that is too easy to shoot down, just leaves 1-2 people on your team effectively doing nothing. atleast if they are powerful then they can contribute to the game !

a final bug bear of mine....these wankers that take the attack chopper, fly to the nearest flag, and ditch the chopper, or dont know how to use countermeasures/ completely fail to see the enemy chopper. these idiots are a nightmare...they are almost as bad as the other teams pilot who decides they cant win gunfights so they ram you out the sky at every oppourtunity !!!

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

another thing ive been talking about with ryan...if you are going to be a chopper co-pilot/repair bitch, then only equip the stinger/igla and repair tool

let the chopper pilot use laser guided missles to make the chopper a better anti-vehicle machine, and use the co-pilot to take out enemy aircraft. otherwise, it ends up being tit for tat again...chopper one flares, chopper two flares, both reload, first chopper gets a critical hit, chopper recovers, second chopper gets a critical hit, second recovers....then the winning of the chopper fight is often decided by who on each team A. has a repair bitch, B, has stingers/iglas on the ground

which brings me to a second point, why is DICE considering the nerf of aircraft missles on boats ? laser guided missiles from scout choppers only seem to do about 20 damage

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

what button/ stick layout do you guys use when flying?

I seriously need to practice but the controls are not intuitive at all for me

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

veteran stick layout is closest to bf3, but you might aswell play test range until you get used to it. its not so bad

might be worth taking inverted sticks off (if thats an option ) ?....but yeah, test range is you friend

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said: