COD Ghosts Onslaught DLC Leak

J4MES OX4D

J4MES OX4D, on 03 Mar 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:J4MES OX4D, on 03 Mar 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

Oh they haven't put the new maps in the old rotation yet?

That's bananas!

That's what bugs the crap out of me, I bought the maps, I love them but I never play them because I play S&R not that danm map playlist.

They'll be in soon, there's always this period, which is kind of a testing period really. 

Think of it as like a beta, once people have played them enough and there's no issues, then they'll throw them into rotation.

Either that or they'er being lazy  :lol:

Onslaught has been bought :ph34r:

Just managed to play the four maps back to back in different modes which was handy. I haven't played Ghosts in 3 months but I've still got it (in the way I play and not in uninstall terms :lol: ) Only 5,650 online and 267 in the DLC playlist :o

First up was Domination on Ignition;- really enjoyed Scrapyard on MW2 and this map is practially the same in terms of layout but it just has that horrible Ghosts greenery texture combined with some concrete. It's not particularly good on the eye but the classic map design makes up for it. Much fun to be had on this map although it could have been tarnished up a bit better.

Next was Search and Rescue on Containment;- hard to judge this as I was locked in a tense match and focused more on the play than the map. It's bright and does feel like a typical COD map from yesteryear but I can't comment on how this will play in the other modes. Didn't feel too untidy and will look forward to playing again.

I then went on to play Blitz on Fog;- the mode worked well on this map but I feel there isn't enough scope on here to accommodate the likes of Domination. Too many cluttered routes could prove annoying and the general feel isn't eerie but a bit bland and not very atmospheric. Matches could get predictable on here and players may struggle to juggle up their tactics as gunplay will win the day here.

Lastly I played the classic TDM on Bayview;- despite playing over 75 hours on the multiplayer; I have never played TDM in Ghosts and I really enjoyed the mode as there was no objectives to worry about. What made it better was the map being absolutely brilliant in my opinion. It looks crisp, colourful and the layout is really challenging. There is plenty of options on how to approach the matches here and I think the map will be able to accommodate all the modes which is fantastic. Some good lines of sight and plenty of buildings to mix up the play on the ground outside. There are plenty of corners too which really adds spice to the likes of SnD also. I think this map is probably the best of a mixed bag.

Extinction;- couldnotgiveatoss.

If you haven't already; I'd definitely consider picking this up if you are committed to Ghosts; if not, it's probably not worth getting unless you have a bit of dosh saved for a rainy day.