Fired from work after anonomously embarrasing a customer that didnt tip

Dr Diamond

I agree with Drifter. 

But these types of situations are really them shooting themselves in their own foot. You don't force people to do anything. You persuade them and they will go along willingly if you've incentivised whatever behavior you want properly.

When I worked at Pizza Hut, before the whole Delivery Charge fiasco, I watched as it was implemented, and the company collected their $1.00 and my tips went down. It's fucking bullshit!  Now delivery charges are sometimes 2 or 3 dollars.  ATM charges can be up to $5 (at strip clubs) - I mean come on, what's up with the Highway Robbery? Seriously

Sadly, it only gets worse from here.

Keep calm and question nothing.

20 years ago that statement would have been true, but in 2013 I have to disagree with you. When I go out and pay $9 for a hamburger..$4 for a plate of fries, then $3.25 for a fountain drink...that is already way overpriced so the idea that they keep prices down on the food by not paying the staff as they should no longer holds water in my book.

That's not what I am trying to say and don't disagree with you about things being over priced. What I am trying to say is that if for instance restaurants where to pay their servers 15% more (the recommended tip around here) and not allow tipping, I am pretty sure that everything would be 15% even more expensive.

How in the world did this situation evolve this way anyhow, where servers make less than minimum wage. Why does the restaraunt benefit from being able to pay slave wages? and then expect its customers to make up the difference?

"If you want to get good service at my restaraunt, you better pay for it."

It sucks he got fired for posting a pic of that. However, everyone should know there is no such thing as privacy anymore.  Everyone is spying on everyone. It was probably a bad idea to post that pic considering the way things are in this day and age.

I always tip as well. Usually $5. I used to wait tables and deliver pizzas. Tips were always appreciated. Hell, I even tip my car wash attendant and hair stylist

I always thought Spectre was some kind of extreme survivalist posting from a bunker in the back woods waiting for the apocalypse. I'm really disappointed to find out he's got a hair stylist

I generally always tip. If the service has been polite, cheerful, tried ... even if in the end I was disappointed I'll still tip something, as I'll figure it's the kitchens fault, not the waiter's fault, and its a low wage job and these people rely on it. The one exception to this if they take too long getting me a beer - for this there is no excuse. I've actually refused to pay a 'service charge' of 10% on a large bill (even though it was on expenses) simply because they took too long getting me a beer. There was hell on, but this is a line that should not be crossed.

I always thought Spectre was some kind of extreme survivalist posting from a bunker in the back woods waiting for the apocalypse. I'm really disappointed to find out he's got a hair stylist

Lol, I gotta have someone tend to my beard. It's long.

I waited tables for 5 years through high school and college.  that was a little over 10 years ago, and at the time servers in the US got paid $2.15/hr.  So yeah, tips paid the bills.  If I have terrible service, I give 5-10%.  If I have great service I tip 30% or more  Normal service, I pay at least 25%.  That's just me.  Most of the restaurants I go to the staff know me because we eat out all the time. When you tip well, people take care of you.  At the mexican restaurant we go to, they gave me a VIP card for 10% off my bill for life.  Yeah, they don't just hand them out.

That being said, people who don't tip can go to hell IMO.  It's expected in the US.  Unless your service is terrible, put 15 percent down and stop being a cheap bastard.  Places like fast food, and Moes/Chipotle/sandwich shops - DONT TIP THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE NOT WAITERS.

And if you wonder why there is racism in America - go work as a waiter in a restaurant.